Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

All caught up (Open)

3 posters

Go down

All caught up (Open) Empty All caught up (Open)

Post by Laura Richardson Wed May 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Laura had curled her body as close to the wall as it was possible to be and still be on her new bed, in a cramped ball. Her eyes were red and sore but dry. She couldn’t cry. It wasn’t allowed. She couldn’t hurt even more people, especially not on an island where they couldn’t get away. Where she couldn’t escape. Gaze firmly fixed on the door, Laura continued chewing her nails. She ignored the nasty metallic taste from the blood. It was only her, after all. The only thing that hadn’t changed. The only thing that should have.

Swallowing hard to keep the tears at bay and accidentally swallowing a mouthful of bloody saliva, Laura squeezed back even further, pulling the blanket up to her chin. She hadn’t gone to bed to sleep. Just so she could try and get her head back in one piece. And it wasn’t ok. She wanted Mary, but Mary was a long walk away and she was only allowed to see her at weekends. Laura didn’t trust herself to read any further into the handbook. What if it said she couldn’t go to the farm? Or that drawing wasn’t allowed? Then she’d definitely cry. And crying meant deaths. And deaths meant moving. Again. And this time, she was sure they wouldn’t be close to Uncle Kenneth. She should have tried to run away back when they were in the same state. Only she’d left it too long and now it was too late and everything had gone wrong and it was all her fault…

Biting down hard, Laura tried to ignore the guilt writhing in her stomach. There’d be something to eat soon… she was sure she couldn’t eat like this. For some reason the moving had brought what she’d done home to her. Now she was just staring at the doorway, half praying someone would come, half hoping they wouldn’t. She’d only do the wrong thing. She couldn’t remember what it looked like when she went out of the door, couldn’t remember how to get to anywhere. It didn’t matter for the moment. At the moment she was reeling at the sheer horror of what she’d done and the fact that there were less people in the world because of her. And she’d heard what people said, they were good people, not like her. Rocking backwards Laura smacked her head on the wall, hard, forgetting it would make a noise. It hurt, but she didn’t show it. Simply gnawed on her nails some more. All her thoughts were sucked into one word. The word she hadn’t realised applied to her until she’d written it on the application.

Murderer…
Laura Richardson
Laura Richardson

Reward Points : 295

Back to top Go down

All caught up (Open) Empty Re: All caught up (Open)

Post by Danica Princip Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 am

Another pool-less day, another session pounding around Saint Christina's grounds, Running didn't help her, not at all, but at least it kept her away from the other kids at the facility. The only thing that actually helped her to deal with her temper was the pool, the thing she was only allowed to go to at weekends. Only when she was in the water could she get her body to do what she wanted it to, out here, she was just awkward, even clumsy sometimes. That didn't stop her fighting of course, it just made things a little more difficult for her, and right now, she'd far prefer the feeling of water all around her to the feeling of her fist breaking some poor sap's nose.

Eventually, she slowed down, jogging back to the dorm building she was living in. the Bennett home for girls. Was that a reference to Hadley's former headmistress, the woman whop had saved her from what she was sure would be an agonizingly slow death in a basement underneath Hadley, or somewhere similar? She couldn't help smiling at the thought. Ros was still out there, somewhere, still watching out for her. She'd find her again one day, somehow, and until then, she'd just live in a building named for the woman. The smile on her face had faded away a little by the time she stepped inside, heading for her room. Whoever her roommates were, she just hoped they'd leave her the hell alone.

As it turned out, she regretted that though the second she pushed open the door. "Laura?" she said, stepping inside, still panting a little as she crossed the room, heading for her roommate's bed. "Hey Laura. What's wrong?" she asked, speaking quietly, trying not to look at her friend's bleeding fingers. "We're roommates now. Please, talk to me. tell me what's wrong, and maybe I can help." she continued, putting a hand on the bed close to Laura's head, but not touching the girl. "Don't make me come in there after you, I'm all sweaty and horrible." she added, smiling at the girl, trying not to look anything like as worried as she felt. More than anythign, she just wished she could hug Laura, without making things worse.
Danica Princip
Danica Princip

Reward Points : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Richardson Thu May 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Laura watched as Dani entered the room and wondered how she’d known she was in here. She wondered if Dani knew she was a murderer. Curling her knees further towards her chest, Laura squeezed her eyes tight shut to try and block the tears. She was not allowed to cry. End of argument. The knot that was her stomach writhed and Laura bit down hard on her fingers again, ignoring how it hurt. She deserved it and so much more, she wasn’t allowed to react to it. Dani didn’t understand. She wouldn’t help her. Laura’s hands and knees were already grazed from ‘accidentally’ falling in the walk to the ferry. But it wasn’t enough. Scraped palms might hurt, but she needed to do real damage. Leave scars, maybe break bones. Dani shouldn’t be in here. She’d killed them.

They were room mates. For a split second Laura thought she might throw up. And now… who knew what damage she’d done to Dani already? She fought back the urge to smack her head on the wall again, harder. Dani might not like it. She hadn’t the last time she’d caught her and then Laura had fallen in the pool. That had been so long ago, and still nothing had changed. No one believed her. She tried to smile at Dani’s joke, but it fell apart and she bit the inside of her cheek until the sob caught in her chest was under control. No tears. If she started she’d never stop and then what would happen? Another lurch of her stomach as Laura pictured the mountain of bodies it would cause. Gnawing determinedly, Laura’s gaze slowly fixed on Dani, then left her. She couldn’t look at Dani, who was so nice, when she’d done such bad things.

“I… killed them.”

Swallowing another mouthful of bloody saliva, Laura finally answered Dani’s question. Her voice was hoarse, and for a moment it looked like she’d cry, but Laura managed to hold back the tears. Her bloodied fingers were back in her mouth, her face ashen.

“All of them.”

Laura’s brain was stuck to this one thought. It was horrific, and her stomach knotted and twisted some more. What could she do? The people who died in the hurricane, the girl in the snow, the three people who died recently… all of them were her fault. Still chewing on her nails, Laura stared at the walls, trying to keep her tears under control. And by under control, they had to be nonexistent. She couldn’t carry on with anything, do anything. All of her energy was caught up in not crying. She didn’t want anyone else to die. It was all her fault…
Laura Richardson
Laura Richardson

Back to top Go down

Post by Danica Princip Thu May 26, 2011 11:00 pm

“I… killed them.”

Danica should have known this would happen, right from the moment she'd heard about what happened to Keziah, Liam and Tristan. It didn't matter how utterly impossible it was for her to have anything to do with a death, if it happened, Laura blamed herself. She had no idea how the girl's therapist hadn't seen this coming before the move, but then, that would imply the adults here actually engaged their brains every once in a while. As it was, they only had eachother, and Danica had no idea at all what she could do to help her friend out right now. The obvious place to start would be dealing with the blood, but how could she do that without touching the girl, which would only make everything worse? This was a hellish situation to be in, but there was no way out now.

"Laura, listen to me, You didn't kill anyone. You have to believe me. You didn't do anything wrong. They killed themselves, you had nothing to do with it. Did you even know who they were?" she asked, though knowing Laura, she wasn't going to listen. She never did, reality just didn't seem to factor in to whatever was going on in Laura's head at any given moment. Grimacing, Dani glanced to Laura's hands, balling her fists to try and stop herself grabbing the girl's wrists. The screaming should bring staff running, in theory, but was it worth the trouble? Something had to be done, she knew that, and whatever it was, Laura would hate it, but...This was a horrible situation.

"Laura, please, stop biting yourself." she begged, her voice quiet. How was she supposed to handle seeing her friend like this? She couldn't take it, she didn't think anyone could. "Laura, please, Stop this." she pleaded, her eyes closing, her hands creeping towards her friend, but not touching, yet. She had to give Laura a chance, even if it wasn't going to change anything. It was only fair, if anything in this situation could be considered anything of the sort. Either way, she could only hope the staff here were a lot better than the staff at Hadley had been, or else Laura was in even more trouble than it seemed right now. To make matters worse, Dani didn't even know where the infirmary was yet. What was she supposed to do?
Danica Princip
Danica Princip

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Richardson Fri May 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Laura wondered vaguely if Dani was getting bored of having this conversation with her. They seemed to have it a lot, and neither person had moved their ideas since the first time. She wasn’t sure how to get through to Dani, preferably before she touched her. Chewing, Laura wondered if she should point out that one school didn’t have seven people die since she’d been here for no reason. There was a reason, and the reason was her. Was it really so hard to believe it?

Her stomach lurched again. What if Dani died? She couldn’t find Brent, Mary was practically gone… It would be just like her to get rid of everyone she liked. That was how Laura was, she always had what was good and then ruined it. It had happened with her uncle, with her dad and now this. She chewed again, half listening. Her attention couldn’t stay on Dani’s words, she was still stuck on the fact that she’d killed more people and was likely to again.

“I know you don’t believe me.” Her voice was scratchy, but she carried on. “It’s true though. I know it’s true. I’m sorry we talk like this all the time. But it’s true. And I killed them.” Laura swallowed hard again, stopping before she gave way to tears. Once more under control she stared miserably at the ceiling. “I know it was all my fault. I didn’t mean it, but it was.” She knew she wouldn’t be believed but she had to try. “Truth isn’t nice things…” Her fingers went back into her mouth and she forgot to not chew them. “I’m sorry I’m making you sad and annoyed and everything.” Laura’s voice hitched on the last word and she bit down hard on her tongue and fingertips. No crying. She wasn’t allowed to cry, so there. She’d tried to get around that rule before and it hadn’t worked and people had died. Now she couldn’t.

Curling up tighter, Laura watched Dani miserably. She was making them both sad, and she knew it, but she couldn’t stop it or help it and she wanted to be good. If she was good Dani would be happy. Maybe she was sad because she was near her and evil was poisoning her already. Gnawing determinedly, Laura bit back a fresh wave of tears and watched Dani. “Sorry…”
Laura Richardson
Laura Richardson

Back to top Go down

Post by Danica Princip Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

They'd had this conversation a dozen times, and the results were always the same. Danica wasn't bored of having it, she hated seeing her best friend talking about herself like this. Laura was one of the nicest people Dani had ever met, she had no idea what had happened before Hadley to make the girl think like she did, but it was well past the time someone did something about it. Right now, she would drag Laura to the gorgon's lair herself if it would get her some of the help she needed, the staff were not going to be able to ignore the girl any longer. "It's not true." she replied, tears starting to form in her eyes. She couldn't bear this any longer, but Laura was going to hate her for what she was planning to do.

"You are not evil Laura. One day, you're going to see that. I love you Laura, and I know you're going to hate me for this, but I have to. I'm sorry, I hope one day you'll forgive me." she said, unable to look her roommate in the eye. She hesitated for a moment, balling her fists and drawing in a couple of breaths, before she darted forwards. Laura wasn't going to stop gnawing her hands, so Dani was going to grab them, and yank them away from her friend's mouth. there would be screaming, there was always screaming when she tried to touch Laura, but she had to do this. She had no choice in the matter. The screams would bring the staff, the staff would get Laura to the shrinks, and the shrinks would help her, right?

"I need some help in here!" she yelled, as loud as she could, while still trying to keep the girl from hurting herself any more than she already had. Subtlety was not something Danica was really capable of, especially when faced with a situation like this. If Laura's reactions, and her own yelling didn't bring staff running, she had no idea what was next, Dragging the girl out into the halls maybe? Manhandling her over to the therapists offices and throwing her in, fighting all the way? She had to do something, even if she was relying on the staff suddenly developing a competence they had never shown before. The iso she'd presumably get for this would be worth it, if she could help Laura.
Danica Princip
Danica Princip

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Richardson Sat May 28, 2011 11:59 am

It didn’t matter to Laura that had Dani asked who her therapist had been at Hadley, she wouldn’t have been able to say. She’d rather be left alone by the people who were supposed to help. After all, there was nothing wrong with her aside from the evilness and nobody believed her about that. It was just better that they left her alone. They had better things to do than try to convince her, like helping people with proper problems.

As predicted, Laura screamed. Trying to twist her hands out of Dani’s grip she struggled away, hitting her head on the wall again, this time entirely by accident. There was blood on her hands. Her blood could kill people, Dani could easily die from this and Laura didn’t want her to. She wanted Dani to get older and get her boat and go sailing like she always wanted to. She didn’t want her to die here, especially not because Laura couldn’t find a way to explain to her that would help. In between screams, Laura begged Dani to let go. If she let go maybe everything would be alright. Maybe. A tear dripped down her cheek, causing her to panic even further, struggling harder to get away.

What if her blood got on Dani? What if she accidentally hurt her trying to get away? Laura wanted more than anything to have Dani happy, but she couldn’t let her die. She wanted her to live. She knew Dani thought she was helping, but she wasn’t and it was just dangerous, and Dani knew that. Every time this happened she explained the same thing and she knew she never explained right.

No matter how hard Dani clung to her, however, Laura didn’t hate her. She knew Dani was doing what she thought was right and Laura knew that wasn’t bad. Even as her screams began to hurt her own ears, feeling her heart beat too fast and panic surging through her veins, Laura knew it was her fault. She was the evil one. Dani had never done anything wrong, it was all her fault. If she wasn’t so bad and evil and had hurt herself more none of this would have happened. The guilt writhed again, causing Laura to swallow hard, then continue to scream. Maybe if she was very loud Dani would want to get away from her. Maybe the staff who might take some notice would believe her. As she screamed, begging Dani to let her hands go before she got hurt, struggling to pull away, Laura wanted to be good.
Laura Richardson
Laura Richardson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 am

St. Christina’s Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center. The name of the place had a nice ring to it. As nice a ring as any nuthouse could have, anyway. Lorenzo had to give it to GR, though. They were upfront with the name of their institution. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to kind of figure out that Hadley was a similar type of nuthouse for kids, but GR made sure you knew that St. Christina’s was a nuthouse. Not that the name mattered to him. As they said, a rose by any other name and all that. No. It wasn’t the name that mattered to the transplanted security officer. It was the patients. The kids, anyway. They were the ones that he’d thought about when he made the decision to move from New York to this island; damn near in the middle of nowhere, off the coast of where ever. He’d made a promise to himself back at Hadley that he’d keep an eye on those kids, that he’d do whatever he could to protect them. And just because the name and people signing the checks had changed that didn’t mean that he’d go back on his word. Besides, it wasn’t like he had anything to go back to. He didn’t have a wife for a daughter...not anymore. And he sure as hell wasn’t going back to his family in Detroit. The last thing that he needed was his very Italian parents nagging him about getting remarried or his four brothers trying to set him up to get laid.

Turning his thoughts away from the family that he’d gladly left behind, Lorenzo focused himself back onto his job. He was patrolling the Bennett Home for Girls, one ward at a time. Ward C had been pretty quiet. He had expected no less, really. That’s why they were put there, after all. They were the least dangerous of the adolescent crazies. Crazies isn’t a good word...how’d you like it if someone called you an alky? Wouldn’t like it too much, now would you? He made a mental note to stop calling the kids “crazies” in his head. Didn’t want to let it slip in conversation. Walking towards ward B, his thumbs hooked onto his utility belt, he felt a little like Batman; decked out in all black and keeping a watchful eye out for the bad guys and any wrong doings. Batman doesn’t carry a gun, though.

Before he had the chance to formulate a response to his last thought, the sound of yelling, followed by screaming forced his body into action. As soon as he set foot onto ward B, he heard it. The sounds of kids in distress. Following the sounds, it didn’t take him long to discover their source. Pausing for a second in the doorway of room B2, quick eyes took inventory of the situation. Two girls. Both distressed. One holding other. One begging to be let go. He could have sworn that he’s heard someone call for help. His ears threatening to bleed from the sheer volume of the screaming, he couldn’t really be sure. But he didn’t want to take the chance. Moving towards the girls, he focused on the girl who wasn’t screaming bloody murder. He didn’t know what the hell was going on, but he had to do something. “Let her go and step back.” Moving his attention to the screaming girl, he noticed some things that he hadn’t seen when he first came into the room. Blood on her hands. From the other girl? But how? Self inflicted? Not sure. Shit.

Pulling his radio from his utility belt, he barked quickly into it. “This is Officer Corsi, I’m going to need someone from the med staff in Bennett, B2...ASAP.” Shoving the radio back onto his belt, he addressed the screaming girl. “I need you to calm down and talk to me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Danica Princip Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 pm

There was blood, and there was screaming. Danica knew this was coming, and she was already worried about what the staff were going to do about it. The guards she'd seen around the institute were armed, there was no way in hell she could trust them, but she needed their help, this one time. That assumed she didn't end up with a bullet in her back for daring to try and get some help for her friend, which wouldn't surprise her in the slightest, but at least she'd have done something. There were more important things to worry about now than getting herself shot though, keeping Laura from slamming her head into the wall again for one.

Keeping her hands locked tightly around her best friend's wrists, she did her best not to cry too much. This was heartbreaking, utterly, utterly heartbreaking, but it had to be done. No matter how extreme it might seem, she had to get this girl to a therapist, one who would actually do their job and take care of her. "I'm sorry, I am so, so sorry." she sobbed, struggling to keep hold of her friend's arms. Was that someone approaching? She couldn't tell with all the screaming. If the guards didn't hear the sheer amount of noise her friend was making though, they weren't worthy of the salaries they were getting. Laura was making enough noise now to wake the dead.

It felt like hours before the man burst into their room, barking orders already. Dani wasn't looking at him, but she was hoping he hadn't gone straight for his gun. A little bit of professionalism from Hadley's male staff would be a welcome change, they'd never impressed her, right back to the one who'd dislocated her shoulder on her first day. Maybe this one would be different. "If I let her go, she's gonna hurt herself again." she snapped in response to the man's orders, but as she heard him making a radio call, she did as she was told. Letting go of Laura, she stepped back, wiping her eyes on her arms and looking to the man. "Please, you have to help her."
Danica Princip
Danica Princip

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Richardson Tue May 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Laura knew she couldn’t break out of Dani’s hold, but at the same time felt that maybe she got credit for trying. She didn’t want to upset Dani, but she’d rather upset her and keep her alive than accidentally kill her. Laura was sure Dani would rather be alive too, so she focussed on not letting the tears that were making everything blurry actually leak out of her eyes. She’d almost forgotten how to stop screaming, her jaw felt like it was wedged open and her voice was making all other sounds seem far away. But it didn’t matter. Nothing mattered but not killing anyone.

When Dani let go, Laura curled her knees up to her chest and tried to contain the screaming and the sobs that threatened to replace them. Leaning her forehead on her knees she concentrated on trying to get her jaw back in a comfortable position, finally feeling it close – right on a finger. Wincing slightly, Laura’s screaming finally subsided into a strange hoarse sound as she began to gnaw again, too lost to consider that that was what had got her into this mess in this first place. The back of her head hurt where it had banged on the wall but didn’t bother her too much. One thing was bothering her though. Pain. Or, more appropriately, the lack thereof.

Maybe if she really hurt herself Dani wouldn’t die. It could be too late but it was worth a try. Suddenly realising there was a man in the room, and he didn’t look happy, Laura once again bit down tears. “I killed them…” Her voice croaked and it was around her fingers, but the words got out. “And now I’m going to kill her.” Her lip began to wobble, and Laura bit her fingers harder. Why did she have to be evil?

Noticing the damp marks on Dani’s sleeves, Laura chewed harder, doing her best to cause pain. If she’d been thinking clearly, she would never have tried it with Dani and a man in the room, but she wasn’t thinking clearly. She was a murderer and she needed to not be any more a murderer and it was hard. She wanted Dani to be safe and happy and she was neither when Laura was there. It was all her fault. People had died and people were sad and it was all her stupid fault. Why couldn’t she just follow the rules? “I’m sorry…” Her voice caught and she ducked her head to obscure the fact she had just bitten her finger, hard. She needed to stop this crying. It was only going to hurt more people. Her stomach lurched. She had killed people. All my fault…
Laura Richardson
Laura Richardson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:43 am

Oh yeah. The setting may have changed but the “game” was most definitely still the same. Lorenzo was tempted to go so far as to chant “same shit, different nut house.” But that would have been going too far, even if it was true. That and it sounded like something one of his brothers would say. Which was something that he wanted to avoid, as much as possible. Either way, it wasn’t important. Thoughts like those were better saved for those mindless moments when he had nothing else better to do. Those quiet moments when the only stressors in his path were his own thoughts, memories, emotions and the booze he used to drown them all in. Something tells me that I’m gonna need a drink, after my shift. For now, however, his quiet moments and booze-therapy could wait; would wait. He had a job to do, first.

He nodded a a quick and silent thanks. The girl’s warning of what would happen if she released her grip on the other girl’s wrists was the final puzzle piece, for Lorenzo; the most importance piece, anyway. The screaming child wasn’t being attacked. Not by the other child in the room, at least. The knowledge of that fact allowed the security officer to switch his tactics and focus solely on the one kid. He hoped that he’d be able to talk this one down, but experience led him to believe that the med staff would be carrying a sedated patient out of this room. He sincerely hoped that he was wrong. Right. Kid A is trying to hurt herself and Kid B was trying to stop her. Help her. Kid A flips out and starts screaming bloody murder. Just like old times.

Moving closer, Lorenzo saw the girl gnawing on her own fingers. Holy shit, kid... And then he heard the words that she managed to mumble around the digits in her mouth.The way she was talking reminded the ex-Marine of some of the guys he’d served with; the ones who’d snapped. The guys who couldn’t get rid of the images of dead friends and foreign children. The guys that were bogged down with guilt for things that they had no control over. Even after a shit-ton of therapy guys like that were never the same. For a moment, he wondered what had happened to this little girl to make her feel that way. It was obvious that it was all in her right. She looked far too harmless, to anyone save herself, to have killed anyone. But figuring out the reasons for that kind of stuff wasn’t his job. His job was to stop this girl from hurting herself, anymore than what she was already doing. The biting had to stop. Now. Without another word, Lorenzo reached out to grab the girls’ wrists and move them away from her mouth. His intention was to wrap the girls’ arms around herself so prevent her from hurting herself or from him accidentally hurting her if she decided to panic. No broken arms or dislocated anythings on my watch. “Everything’s gonna ok, kid. I’m sure you didn’t kill anyone. And you’re not gonna kill your friend over there, either. I need you to relax.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Vandenbrant Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Miles had sat for hours staring at the relocation papers before he finally put the pen to them. To go or not to go, that was the question. Certainly the lanky doctor didn’t need to travel across the country to find work. He could get a job anywhere in the area and if, for whatever reason, he struggled his family had the connections. With his experience many hospitals and clinics would take with without so much as a second thought. Not to mention it would get him away from the illegal activities of Hadley and their sponsors. The day he’d been summoned by Dr. Sharpe to help shred medical files left him…uneasy to say the least and Miles didn’t know if he wanted to go through that again. At the same time, he’d gotten to know these kids and some of the staff as well. As much as he hated Hadley and all it stood for he couldn’t simply leave them. So Miles sat down to work out his application. He’d had a choice between the island’s medical center and the facility itself but it had been a no brainer. He was going to St. Christina’s for the kids. If he worked in town he would only see them during a real emergency. On site he could help out whenever they needed him. So, attending physician it was.

It didn’t take much getting used to the facility but island life wasn’t something Miles was accustomed to. He was a city boy, a main lander. He’d grown up, lived, and worked in the cities. Hadley had been an adjustment but at the end of the day he could drive the several hours to civilization if he saw fit. On an island…he was stranded. Nowhere to go if the going got tough and if this place was anything like Hadley it was only a matter of time. Miles just kept his fingers crossed that when shit the fan that GR had some kind of plan to make sure they survived it. He had clear visions of some of the nightmares that had befallen Hadley during his time there and the only way those could have possibly been made worse would have been if they’d been surrounded by water. Right now all was quiet but then again, they’d only been here a few weeks. People were still arriving and getting settled in. To Miles, St. Christina’s and Hadley were both like bombs with a broken counter. You knew the bomb was armed and that it was counting down. You just had no idea how long until it went off. So you had no idea how close to be. You could be miles away or right in the blast zone.

This certainly wasn’t a bomb but it wasn’t any less dangerous. Miles was making a brisk jog from the main building to the Bennett Homes for Girls after receiving a call from a familiar voice. Just like old times it seemed. Miles picked up his pace once he was on the right floor and raced down to the room. The call hadn’t been frantic and didn’t require trauma care so either it wasn’t life threatening or Corsi was off his game. Miles was more willing to bet money on the former. He rounded the corner and entered the room, medical kit in hand, and surveyed the scene as quickly as his mind would allow. Mr. Corsi had a girl with bleeding fingers in his arm and another girl stood by looking rather upset. It took another second for him to register the blonde’s face and he neared them, trying to come down from the run and get his breath back. “Laura, it’s Dr. Vandenbrant. Remember me?” He’d met her on his first day when she’d found him standing outside the dormitory/apartment building. She’d been crying and they talked a while. He set the bag down and went in to pull out some gauze and disinfectant. The damage, from what he could see, didn’t look like anything more than broken skin and damaged nail. It would hurt but she’d keep her fingers. “I need you to calm down for me so we can fix those fingers.”
Miles Vandenbrant
Miles Vandenbrant

Reward Points : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Danica Princip Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:10 pm

"See? I fucking told you!" Dani wailed as she backed off, watching Laura as she rapidly got back to gnawing on her hands. "I fucking told you, but you fuckers never fucking listen to us." she sobbed, turning her back on the grisly scene and finally just letting the tears flow. She loved Laura, she'd accepted that a long time ago, how could she stand by and watch this? The guard moved closer, and again, Danica took another step away. There was no way the man was going to let her get involved again, not when they were both in this kind of a state. "Don't just stand there, fucking help her!" she sobbed, looking over her shoulder at the scene, before wiping her eyes on her sleeve. Who could have imagined that sharing a room with Laura would be so traumatic?

"She won't listen. She never listens to me when I tell her that, she won't listen to you." she snapped at the guard, turning around again, tears or no tears. "Laura, please. Stop it. You are not evil. You are a wonderful person, you're the kindest, gentlest person I know. You have never killed anyone, you will never kill anyone. you're just not capable of it. you aren't like me. you're so nice, kind, sweet, you're amazing. Please, Laura, just this once, please, listen. Please, let us help you." she continued, her voice softening instantly as her attention turned to her roommate, and she slowly stepped back towards the girl, moving around the security guard. Lorenzo reached for Laura's hands though, just like she'd been doing, and Dani was still expecting screams. Poor girl.

It was a little bit of a surprise when someone actually bothered to answer the guard's radio call, but unlike the guard, the doctor seemed to know Laura. Stepping back to get out of his way, Dani once more turned around, walking over to her own bed and dropping down onto it. This was well out of her hands now, she could only hope the men took Laura for some badly needed emergency therapy, before she bit too deeply. As it was, Dani wouldn't be surprised to see Laura in a straitjacket on ward A after a stunt like this, and honestly, she didn't think she'd be able to handle seeing something like that. Laura deserved so much better than she was getting here, she was such an amazing person, why did life have to do nothing but shit on her? Burying her face in her pillow, Dani just listened to what was going on, unwilling to watch any longer. Why, why did there have to be so much blood-curdling screaming?
Danica Princip
Danica Princip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down