Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Nevaeh Valentine

2 posters

Go down

Nevaeh Valentine Empty Nevaeh Valentine

Post by Nevaeh Valentine Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 am

Nevaeh Valentine Stchristinaslogobase

St. Christina's Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center & St. Christina's Medical Center.

Please use blue or black ink when filling out this application for employment. Please answer all questions to the best of your ability. For further information or guidance, please contact a member of St. Christina staff at the number provided in our guide brochure.

Nevaeh Valentine 2z75061

Full Name: VALENTINE, NEVAEH CHERISE

DOB: August 27, 1979
Address: Hadley Institute, 2723 Cruickshank Rd
City: Phoenicia
State: New York
Ethnicity: Latina
Height: 5’3
Weight: 144
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Medium Brown
Distinguishing Marks: Under my right breast I have faded surgical scars from the removal of a cancerous tumor the size of a golf ball(I’ll explain more below) and my ears are pierced, one hole in each earlobe.

Medical History:

Be advised that answers to this section will not have bearing on your eligibility for employment at the St. Christina Facilities. The information you provide will not be diverged to third parties.

Please list any and all allergies and age of onset below:
Bee, Wasp, and Hornet Stings, age 4.
Mold, age 4.

Are you aware of any ongoing medical issues?:
An diagnosis of Breast Cancer in 1999, I’ve been in remission since 2004, though.

If yes, list age of diagnoses by medical professionals, or age of onset below:
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in late December 1998 at age 19, causing me to repeat my senior year UT Austin.

March of that year I had an odd shaped hard mass in my right breast but I ignored it, teenager’s are growing and they sometimes have weird things happening. The campus physician told me to ignore it, it was probably a fluid buildup that would sort itself. In September of ‘98 I found a sore on her breast, this was in addition to odd puckering of nipple and the texture of the skin on my breast starting to resemble orange skin. When I went home thanksgiving break, I told my older sister in law, Abigai. She was the one that made me go the the family doctor, from their Dr. T. Wittinghan referred me to an oncologist, Dr. K. Choudhari. my official Diagnosis was Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), HER2-negative.

I talked to my professors about taking my finals a month early for my senior year --all but one agreed to let me-- and then I took a medical withdrawal from UT Austin with intent to return and complete my degree. From November 1999 to September 2000 I was out of university fighting my cancer, first with localized radiation on the side caused dry skin and brittle hair. The cancerous tumor was removed in April. from April to August I had more radiation just to be sure all of the cancerous cells were destroyed, in October 2000 there was no sign of cancer.
October 2004 I was considered in full remission.

Last August I decided to have a genetic test to see if I had the gene deficit for cancer, I do have a deficit in BRCA 1 gene.

If you are receiving treatment for an ongoing medical complaint, please list prescriptions, strength of dose, frequency of dose, and other treatment plans below:
I'm in remission from the aforementioned cancer for roughly a decade or more.
I have a very low-dose prescription for Ativan that I have not refilled in 2 months.

Do you smoke tobacco, consume alcohol, or use street drugs? If yes, please list number of packs per day, number of drinks per day and/or names of consumed drugs below:
No.

Employment Interview:

To which location are you applying for employment? Please choose: St. Christina Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center/St. Christina Medical Center:
St. Christina Medical Center

For which position(s) are you applying within the St. Christina Facilities? Please also list the facility to which you are applying:
Physician

Why do you feel that you would be the best choice for this position?:
Because I am good at what I do, and I treat patient’s with fairness and compassion.
I have worked for the Hadley institute; I understand the culture, and the patients, good bad and indifferent. This student body has been relocated exactly three times, and after each move the patients go through a correction, it will be easier for them and in the long run GR Biotech and Green Ridge if the students see familiar faces in the medical building.

Do you possess necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list official qualifications below:
I received my Doctorate of Medicine from Baylor Medical College in 2004.

Have you ever worked in a psychiatric or medical facility before? If yes, please provide facility name and dates of employment below:
Hadley Institute for Troubled Youth: February 2009 -May 2011

Are you aware of any mental, physical or emotional impediments whatsoever that you feel may interfere with your ability to perform in the position(s) for which you are applying? These may include, but are not limited to substance addictions, medical issues, moral complications or difficulties working under pressure or strict guidance. If yes, please explain below:
No. ((Lately she’s developed an aversion to blood on her skin and had washed her hands to rawness more than once))

Qualification History:

What is the highest level of education you have completed? Please list year of graduation and all courses completed below:
Bachelors of Science; Human Biology concentration in Social Aspects of Health and Disease
Doctorate of Medicine 2005

Please provide the name(s) of schools from which you have graduated below:
Nacogdoches High School: 1992-1995, age 15*
University of Texas at Austin: 1996 - 2001, age 21
Baylor College of Medicine: 2000-2004, age 25

*I turned 16 that august though I feel the need to explain here; my birthday falls in late summer and I entered high school at 13, in addition, I was able to skip my freshman year of Highschool. After graduation (Nacogdoches HS) and took a gap year in Honduras with family on my mother’s side to both get to know them better.

Do you possess any other skills that you feel may benefit your ability to perform in the position(s) for which you are applying? Examples include extra languages, history of customer service and work in the care industries, etc. If yes, please list skills below:
I think patience counts and I'm Bilingual, Spanish and English.

Please list all previous employment below, including locations and approximate dates of employment:
(Residency) Methodist Hospital, Houston TX. 2004-2009
Hadley Institute for Troubled Youth (Oulette, L.A, Phoenicia. N.Y) February 2009 - May 2011

How do you feel your previous employment will benefit your ability to perform in the position(s) for which you are applying?:
I know the student body well and have worked with most, if not all, of the adolescent patients acquired by GR Biotech. I know how to work in an environment that can be sedate one moment and chaotic the next without going to pieces.

Legal History:

Be advised that answers to this section will not have bearing on your eligibility for employment at the St. Christina Facilities. The information you provide will not be diverged to third parties.

Do/did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to prescription medications, street drugs or alcohol? If yes, please explain below:
No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction, age of conviction and circumstances below:
N/A

If you answered yes to the above, please list sentences connected to these convictions below:
N/A

Have you ever knowingly committed a crime for which you were not convicted or sentenced? If yes, please explain below:
No.

Personal Interview:

Describe yourself to the best of your ability in only five words:
Patient, Professional, Trustworthy, Reliable, Kind.

Describe how you would handle a situation in which a patient may become violent towards themselves or others:
I’ve actually had experience in the sort of situation with a student. The first approach is always reason, to they and make the patient stop themselves and accept whatever consequences would come with their conduct, if the patient to calm down, then I would call for back up, preferably security to remove the student from the situation and inform their individual therapist of the incident.

If your immediate supervisor instructed you to complete a task to which you felt morally opposed, how would you handle the situation?:
I would weigh the consequences of doing it or refusing very, very carefully before reaching a conclusion.

If you discovered a fellow employee breaking facility rules and endangering patients or staff, how would you handle the situation?:
If I felt they could be reasoned with I would talk to them, if not I wouldn’t have much choice but to talk to a superior about their conduct.

If hired, would you agree to sign a binding non-disclosure agreement, knowing fully that you would hence forth be unable to discuss any procedures, methods, patient information or staff information with anyone outside of the St. Christina Facilities and their staff?:
Yes.

If hired, would you agree to follow any and all instructions given to you by facility supervisory staff and administrative staff without question, and knowing that you would be unable to discuss decisions with outside parties?:
I would, as I have before with Hadley.

Green Ridge Residential Registration:

Please list your chosen address within Green Ridge:
82 Smuggler's Lane

Please list any dependants under the age of thirteen, who reside with you:
N/A

Please list your marital status. Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed:
In a stable long-term relationship.

If married, please provide the name of your spouse if he/she resides with you:
N/A

Employee Signature:

By applying for and accepting employment within any of our facilities, you hereby agree to abide by all rules and terms of service outlined in employee handbooks, rules and codes of conduct. You hereby agree to undergo a background check and/or drug test should GR Biotech feel it pertinent prior to accepting your application for employment. You hereby agree to undergo any further, random drug testing should it be necessary. You hereby agree to communicate and work in accordance with fellow facility staff in regards to the recommendations, demands, or outlines for treatment of the patients in the facility, and to comply with your immediate supervisor should she/he suggest differently. You hereby agree to waive your right to hold GR Biotech and its Subsidiaries responsible for any personal harm or distress incurred during or after employment. You hereby waive your right to communicate with any non-St. Christina Facility staff regarding any facility methods or procedures or patient information or treatments. GR Biotech and its Subsidiaries reserve the right to add or amend these terms of service at any time.

By opting to relocate to Green Ridge Island and the town of Green Ridge, you hereby agree to abide by all Green Ridge Island laws and the instructions of Green Ridge Security, Green Ridge Town Officials, and St. Christina Facility administrators. You hereby waive rights granted to you by the state of Oregon or any other state belonging to the United States of America or to any other country or county. You acknowledge that Green Ridge Island, the town of Green Ridge and the St. Christina facilities are not subject to any state laws. You acknowledge that any personal property transported to Green Ridge Island becomes the responsibility of GR Biotech and its subsidiaries. You hereby waive your right to register to vote in any states within the continental United States, within the states of Alaska and Hawaii, and within any US territories. You waive your right to representation by any political parties or persons within the aforementioned US locations or other countries. You acknowledge that you are legally bound not to disclose information regarding Green Ridge laws, protocols or procedures of any kind with persons not residing on Green Ridge Island. You acknowledge that visitors to Green Ridge Island become the sole responsibility of the undersigned, and are subject to the same laws, protocols and procedures as Green Ridge island residents during their stay. You acknowledge that visitors to Green Ridge Island are subject to surveillance by Green Ridge officials and employees, and may be removed from the island without notice. You acknowledge that any minors under the age of thirteen (13) that are claimed as dependants remain the sole responsibility of the undersigned, and are subject to the same laws, protocols and procedures as all Green Ridge Island residents. GR Biotech and its Subsidiaries reserve the right to add to or amend these terms of service at any time.

Please sign and date below:

Neveah C. Valentine 05/16/2011

St. Christina Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center & St. Christina Medical Center are Subsidiaries of GR Biotech. All rights reserved ® 2011

Last edited by Nevaeh Valentine on Thu May 19, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 11 times in total
Nevaeh Valentine
Nevaeh Valentine

Reward Points : 1039

Back to top Go down

Nevaeh Valentine Empty Re: Nevaeh Valentine

Post by Mod Nebby Tue May 17, 2011 2:33 am

-Pending-

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of STC's staff.

• To become a doctor one needs years and years of school and hands on training and currently Neva wouldn't have been able to complete all the required work with breast cancer. To be a doctor you need a four year undergrad degree, four years medical school, and three to four years of residency. Neva isn't old enough to have completed the required schooling at its minimum even without the breast cancer. Neva's age will need to be changed to better reflect her life and work experience or they will have be changed to better reflect her age.

• Why did Neva go forward with two additional degrees that are unrelated to her field of study? How was she able to balance her studies with a dual major and a minor and able to complete them all at the same time? In addition, Neva would have graduated high school around 2000 depending on when her birthday falls. Unless she's a genius she wouldn't be graduating college until roughly 2004.

• Under "Are you aware of any mental, physical or emotional impediments whatsoever that you feel may interfere with your ability to perform in the position(s) for which you are applying?" Neva answers no. On the site Neva had been portrayed as having neurotic and OCD tendencies with a mild phobia of blood. If those are planned to be kept in the character they must be added to the application. If not, then they're to be dropped from the character and cannot be threaded.

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of STC's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience..
Mod Nebby
Mod Nebby

Reward Points : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevaeh Valentine Tue May 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Edited.
Also changed desired housing to 82 Smuggler's Lane
Nevaeh Valentine
Nevaeh Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Nebby Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 pm

-Pending-

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of STC's staff.

• There are still some issues with Neva's age, her schooling, and her cancer. Her high school years were shuffled around but it says right on the application she entered college at eighteen. This means Neva started on time and therefore would just be finishing her residency. Neva may have graduated medical school in 2007 but she would have to have three to four years of residency before she can be hired as a doctor. Neva is too young to have this kind of schooling on top of two years at Hadley. She would need to be in her early thirties at least.

• The cancer is another obstacle in Neva becoming a doctor. The timeline puts the onset in the middle of medical school where a lot of hands on training begins. Neva wouldn't have been able to do labs or attend lectures if she's bed ridden or attached to a chemotherapy machine. Which means her education would be set back however long she was ill and then recovering. We don't even know how long Neva was sick. I honestly believe that there is no way to keep Neva at her current age and have her had cancer. She would have had to go back to school, make up the classes she was unable to complete, then finish the degree, and then go to residency. It's just not possible at 29 even with her bumped up intelligence. You don't skip grades in medical school.

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of STC's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience..
Mod Nebby
Mod Nebby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevaeh Valentine Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Edited
Nevaeh Valentine
Nevaeh Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Nebby Thu May 19, 2011 2:33 pm

-Pending-

• Neva is almost there! However, the cancer is still lacking. How long was Neva sick? It says she had to repeat her senior year which is fine but exactly how long was she will? Months? Years? As far as I'm aware one does not bounce back from breast cancer like they would a cold as both the disease and treatment are hard on the body. So we need a number. Given that Neva had a golf ball size lump that would mean the cancer was fairly aggressive and growing fast.

• One thing I didn't catch the first time but did as I googled breast cancer is that surgery cures you if they removed the tumor. So if it's gone and she received the follow up treatments then Neva would not be in remission. If the cancer metastasized and spread then there's a good chance she wouldn't be alive.

Mod Nebby
Mod Nebby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevaeh Valentine Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

edited.
Nevaeh Valentine
Nevaeh Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Nebby Thu May 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Nevaeh Valentine Stchristinaslogobase

Thankyou for taking interesting in joining our dedicated team of St. Christina's staff. Below, you'll find your employment and residential details. Whether you applied to our Medical Center or our Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center, we ask that you take this time to familiarise yourself with pertinent handbooks, rules and regulations, and we welcome you to green Ridge and to the St. Christina's team.

Job Title: Physician
Residential Address: 82 Smuggler's Lane

Final Application Approval Steps for Players:

Your assigned membergroup is: St. Christina's Medical Center Staff

Before you can begin play on STC, you must complete these final steps:

• Sign up for your assigned membergroup (shown above) HERE (Pay close attention to pick the St. Christina's Medical Center Staff listed on this approval stamp! Characters that are not signed up for their correct membergroups after approval will be subject to deletion during the next activity check.)
  • Familiarise Yourself with your Staff & Resident Handbooks, located in the St. Christina's Rosters and Information, and Green Ridge Rosters & Information forums, on the main board.

Code:
[center][font=garamond][size=22][color=#555555][b] -File Note- [/b][/color][/size][/font]

_____________________________________________________________[/center]

[b]Employee Name:[/b] Valentine, Nevaeh
[b]Job Title:[/b] Physician
[b]Location:[/b] St. Christina Medical Center
[b]Residential Address:[/b] 82 Smuggler's Lane

[center]_____________________________________________________________[/center]

[b]Note Subject:[/b] (Behavioural Report, Progress Report, Procedure Report, Disciplinary Report, etc.)

[b]Note Contents:[/b] (Explain behaviour observations, procedures, disciplinary actions, medical reports, etc. here)

[b]Note Author:[/b] (Your character name here.)

[b]Other:[/b] (Optional extra notes here.)

Mod Nebby
Mod Nebby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum