Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Empty Spaces [Open]

Go down

Empty Spaces [Open] Empty Empty Spaces [Open]

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 am

Cal was sitting by himself in the courtyard, running his fingers across the grass, he wasn’t really thinking particularly hard, he’d done enough of that; he was just sort of existing at that point. He hadn’t really minded the move, not too much bothered him anymore. He wasn’t sure what his opinions were anymore, or what his goals were, he wasn’t sure about anything. The new place wasn’t much different than the old place for him, it was just more pills, more therapists, and more failed attempts to get himself fixed up and functioning like a normal human being.

He dragged his eyes up to the sky, taking in the grey clouds; the clouds that reflected his mood back at him. He wasn’t gloomy, he wasn’t sad, he was just grey. Somewhere along the lines he had misplaced the colours in his life. Once, everything had been fast paced; back then he lived in the moment, he took chances, took risks. Everything was vivid then, he may have been destroying his life piece by piece, but at least he had been living. Now most of his time was spent sitting around, on the border of deep thought, but with nothing new that he hadn’t already considered. That meant that most of his time was spent absently staring at things, pretending he was being thoughtful.

A soft breeze blew through, blowing some of his hair into his face. He didn’t take much care of his hair any more, it was in need of a cut and a wash. For a moment a small smile crossed his lips, it was probably the closest thing he’d shown to happiness in quite a few days, and it was really only mild amusement at the fact he was obsessed with his appearance weight wise, but he left the rest of his appearance as an absolute wreck. He let the smile drop from his face as he went back to his mindless staring, this time fixing his gaze on the wall of a nearby building. It was likely that he would sit there for a quarter of an hour or so before moving on to find something else to stare at, so as to not concern other people too much. Really, he was in desperate need of some stimulation and human contact. When they had moved, everyone had been shuffled around, he had lost track of anyone he had called a friend, and he had found himself alone and not quite willing to try and care.

Back to top Go down

Empty Spaces [Open] Empty Re: Empty Spaces [Open]

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:35 pm

If Emma thought about it, move in really hadn’t been all that bad. Leaving her parents and entering the island for the first time was awful, but she had to force herself to see the brighter side. No one had hurt her, yet. Granted, she still hadn’t seen many in her attempts to avoid everyone and calm down, but it was still a plus. After a little while spent sulking in her room, she decided to move her sulking elsewhere and had managed to explore some of Bennett whilst doing so. Tackling the outside had been easier because it was less confining than four walls and a floor and ceiling, not to mention she always had an affinity to the outdoors anyway.

She had a map somewhere, probably stuck in her backpack still which had be deposited on her bed, which was very little used to her now. Emma hoped she wouldn’t get too turned around while out on the grounds, but it would be just like her to get lost. And then she would never find her way back – the island was a good size, especially with all the trees – and she didn’t have any water or food on her, so she would starve if she wasn’t already eaten by some wild animal. Oh dear, she hadn’t thought of that before, what animals did they have on the island? And would anyone even look for her if she did get lost? Doubtful, she was too new, too quiet, to easily unnoticed – no one would care. Then she would never get home, never get better – which meant failing at the only thing she wanted to really do –

Emma held her head. She really had to stop thinking like this. It was exactly what got her into trouble, not to mention give her a headache. Especially when she internally ranted yet continued to externally move. Which got her just what she was worrying about: lost. “Oh no, oh no, no, no.” She whimpered, clutching her elbows. She looked around and could still see the Bennett Home, the only building she recognized so far, so she just had to breath and focus on that. She wasn’t really lost. With her spinning thoughts distracting her, she hardly noticed a boy sitting in the grass and practically toppled over him. Emma yelped and backpedaled at the last moment. “Oh excuse me! I’m so so sorry, I didn’t mean anything – I just got turned around and I’m – I’m sorry, I’m such a klutz,” She cried, gesturing rapidly as she stared wide eyed at the boy. He had long, messy hair, and looked rather grave. Was that her fault? Of course it was, she had just almost trampled him! “I’m really very sorry, I really need to look where I’m going. I just... I’m new here and...” her voice grew almost inaudible and her face burned, embarrassed at the entire situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:28 am

Callum had been too busy with his mindless staring to notice that someone had been approaching. Really, he wouldn’t have noticed the girl walking by if she hadn’t nearly walked across him. Maybe he was so small that people didn’t even see him when he was sitting down. It was a nice idea, but he knew it wasn’t the truth, he wasn’t that skinny; it was more likely that the girl was, like him, too lost in her own mind to pay attention to what was going on around her. He watched with mild interest as she grew embarrassed about the situation without him even having to say anything.

The way she was reacting reminded him of his own behavior before getting sent to Hadley. Was this how he had come across to other people, nervous and panicked? Not that the way he acted now was much better really, withdrawn and lifeless was probably a step down from what he had been. No matter how he changed on the outside, he still didn’t have what it took to get his personality right. As he let that thought sit for a minute, he realized he had just been silently staring at the girl, lips pursed together, eyes focused on nothing in particular.

He shook his head and blinked once, trying to figure out what she had been saying to him while he wasn’t paying attention. He recalled her apologizing, but that was really about it, he was just going to have to hope she hadn’t said anything else particularly important. He tugged on his shirt, making it hand more loosely over his stomach than it had been before; it wasn’t all that necessary, more of a nervous habit he had. He laced and then unlaced his bony fingers, not quite sure how to get comfortable; here he had been, thinking about how nervous that girl had appeared, when he was just as bad.

“It’s alright,” He said, voice coming out low and sounding strange to his own ears, “I shouldn’t have just been sitting on the ground in the way, should have found a bench or something.” he mumbled. It was becoming painfully obvious that he didn’t have enough social interactions, he couldn’t even remember the last time he actually had a proper conversation with someone. It was strange how little he used his voice, what had once been his greatest tool was now nearly disregarded. He had gone from a crazy singer to a crazy wreck over the course of the past year. He pulled himself out of his mind and back to the present – he needed to work on how often he spaced out and how little social skills he had. “I’m Cal, what’s your name?” He said, hoping that the start of what he deemed a normal conversation would calm her down a little bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down