Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Ki-Lynn Berkley

2 posters

Go down

Ki-Lynn Berkley Empty Ki-Lynn Berkley

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 am

Ki-Lynn Berkley Stchristinaslogobase

Please use blue or black ink when filling out this admission form. Additional information from all but the patient must be initialed by the author. Please answer all questions to the best of your ability. For further information or guidance, please contact a member of St. Christina staff at the number provided
in our guide brochure.

Ki-Lynn Berkley 600full-ayumi-hamasaki
My name is Dr. Jacob Martin, I have been her presiding Pyschatrist since she was fifteen. I will be putting my notes in blue in the area's that she will not fill you in on.
Patient Full Name: Berkley, Ki-Lynn

DOB: July/27/1988
Address: 1354 Sicamore Street
City: Carlinville
State: Illinois
Ethnicity: Asian/Caucausion Mix
Height: 5'6
Weight: 5'6
Eye Color:Brown
Hair Color: Naturally Brown with blonde highlights naturally, though sometimes I like to have it blonde.
Distinguishing Marks: I have a mole on my left inner thigh, and a tattoo on my right lower buttocks. It's pretty much a flaming skull with a snake wrapped around a rose coming out of the eye socket, not that big of a deal.

Medical History:

Please list any and all allergies and age of onset below:
I just have your typical seasonal allergies, they started when I was about fifteen.

Are you aware of any ongoing medical issues?:
I was born a mute does that count? Of course it’s in the sense I can still hear you I just can’t speak.

If yes, list age of diagnoses by medical professionals, or age of onset below:
It wasn't detected until I was almost a year old when I didn't start blabbering like an idiot, so they did some tests and found out the incubation tube they used when I was born damaged my vocals.

If you are receiving treatment for an ongoing medical complaint, please list prescriptions, strength of dose, frequency of dose, and other treatment plans below:
Nope

Do you smoke tobacco, consume alcohol, or use street drugs? If yes, please list number of packs per day, number of drinks per day and/or names of consumed drugs below:
I smoke, but I don't drink it messes with my head more than I already have problems with. Otherwise I smoke about half a pack a day, if I am extremely stressed though I will smoke about a full pack and a half.

Psychiatric History:

Have you been diagnosed with any psychiatric issues? If so, please list diagnoses and age of diagnoses below:
Well, I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Honestly I don't like to talk about the reason behind it..
She was raped at fifteen years old, this is the reason we have diagnosed her with this conditions as she shows all the signs of it. Intialed Dr. Jacob Martin
I have been treating her since she was 15 and I along with some of my therapists, have diagnosed her with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder shortly after she was raped. She shows signs of night terrors, Agression when the event is brought up and persitant avoidance and denial of the event. I will follow with her dosage of medication we currently have her on. Dr. J.M

If you answered yes to the above, please list any and all prescriptions, including dosage and frequency of dosage, and other treatment plans below:

Name: Serzon
Dosage: 200 Mg
Frequency: twice daily.

If you answered yes to the above, please describe your feelings, symptoms, triggers and any incidents associated with the diagnoses, such as outbursts, suicide attempts or any other signs of non-typical behaviors, and approximate ages of incidents below:

She doesn't speak of these outbursts, but we have found that during her episodes she will strike out against anyone around her. We have learned that a few of her triggers are males in general. Though she shows no signs of being of the same sex persuasion, she does have trusts issues. Especially if the male tries to touch her. This is mainly limited to sneaking up on her, or even touching her shoulder if she has not given them expressed permission. She also has severe night terrors and flashbacks when ever it storms, as we have learned this was when she was raped while it was storming. On more than one occassion she has been hospitalized for hurting herself and others around her. She seems to not realize whom everyone is during these episodes, and she keeps repeating that it was her fault. We recommend keeping a close eye on her during these times because she has attempted suicide on four occasions during her life after repeatedly blaming herself for her rape. Dr. J.M

Have you ever been hospitalized for these diagnoses? If yes, please provide facility name(s) and age of admissions and discharges as well as what diagnoses you were you hospitalized for, or what incidents lead to hospitalization:

I was hospitalized four times so far, once when I was sixteen I sliced my wrists during an outburst. I was hospitalized in St. Francis Childrens Pyschatric ward. I stayed in from 2003 to 2005, until I was seventeen. Once more I was committed two years later in 2007 for attempted overdosage on sleeping pills. Where I stayed in for six months at the same hospital/mental ward because I wasn't an adult. Then I was committed a year later in 2008 for lashing out at my mothers boyfriend at the time because he tried to wake me up. They said I ran out of the room grabbed a knife and I tried to slice him repeatedly signing with my free hand that he wasn't going to touch me. I was eighteen and commited to Johnsons Mental Institution for Young Adults, I stayed their for a year which was until 2009, because of multiple outbursts at the male workers. Then once I was released I went back in once more at 22 in 2011 when I attempted to run out into traffic swearing that someone was chasing me and wanted to hurt me. They said that I was panicking and signing repeatedly that I would rather die than be touched again. Once more it was at Johnsons Mental Institution.

Are you aware of a history of psychiatric complaints in your family? If yes, please list family member(s), diagnoses, and how this affected you personally:
None

Environmental History:

Are you aware of any complications during your birth? If yes, please explain below:
I was born three weeks premature, my lungs weren't at full capacity and they had to insert a breathing tube down my throat. Due to this inner incubation process it damaged my vocal cords which has caused my mutism.

Are you aware of any difficulties in development during your infancy, such as learning disabilities, speech impediments, etc? If yes, please explain below:
I never learned to speak because of my vocal cords and I was a bit behind when it came to walking. I started walking at almost two years, due to some problems from the premature birth. But up until then I would cruise with furniture by moving when I was holding onto things and crawl but I wouldn't try to walk.

Are you aware of any long term separation from your mother during your infancy? If yes, please explain below:
No

Please describe the location and environment in which you grew up. Please list town and state, and what it was like and how this affected you:
It is not much too really speak of; I grew up in Carlinville Illinois for the majority of my life. My dad left my mom when I was about four years old, and they were not exactly on the best of terms all the time it was constant arguing between them. Honestly, I cannot remember a whole lot about it, but I do know I used to have to go to my aunt and uncles a lot when they would fight. More or less a lot of my parents arguments were verbal never physical but they did not want me around it I guess. Well once they split my mom used to bring in guys all the time, every month was a different man and they always degraded me because they thought it was funny that I could not talk. Of course I think that may have been part of the reason my mom never really kept them around very long, because I did get visitations with my father on the weekends and I do remember crying and writing everything out to him on how they were. I do remember when I was nine years old my dad tried to get custody over me because of the way my mom started acting and the people she started bringing in. She may have never done drugs, but the guys she brought in did and he did not want that around me. For almost a year and a half he did get me, but my mom ‘straightened’ herself up and stopped bringing in random guys and got me back but it all started again.
I finally got tired of the fighting between the two and just stopped telling my dad what was going on. I figured that it would never really change, so I just ended up accepting it. Yeah it was depressing, but you sort of get used to it after a while I would busy myself outside and with the friends I did manage to get. I was always a tomboy and all; after all, you know how cruel girls can be when something is not right with another person. It was no different for me really, I got picked on a lot and finally I got tired of it I started fighting back of course it wasn’t with words, I did it the only way I knew how with my fists it’s the only way I could get my point across and then at fifteen guess what happened? Well you probably already know, and that is when it all got worse and I ended up in the psych wards all the time.
As you know fifteen is when she was raped and thats when everything started to get worse for her mentally. Shortly after the rape she started showing signs and symptoms of the PTSD.Intialed Dr. J.M

Please describe your educational history. How were you in school, both as a young child and in later grades? How were your grades? Did you enjoy school? What was school socialization like? What were your academic strengths and weaknesses? Please answer below:
Answer Here

Do/did you have many friends growing up? Do/did you have a best friend? If yes, please explain below:
Well, I was good in school I got good grades and mostly kept to myself. Though I did have my problems you know being a mute and everything, as you already know; kids can be cruel and in my case, it was no different. Can you imagine the names I was called the mouse who could not roar, this was because I was also quite small in stature growing up, and the retarded mute. Though I did have a good grade point average, I enjoyed my dancing classes and art classes. It was the only way I could express myself, though my worst classes were math and history I absolutely bombed at those two things. Though later on after my incident I was called a whore and a slut, I was told that it was my fault that I was too much of a ‘flirt’. I started believing it and my grades started to plummet drastically, and my parents decided to put me into therapy for it especially when I started to fight back at the other kids. I got the cops called on me more times than I could count in school for beating the kids up who would pick on me. Yeah, I know I should not have brought weapons to school but they pushed me so far. They would write notes and leave them in my locker, and they would threaten me what else was I to do. So my parents pulled me out and started home schooling me when I was about sixteen.

Do/did you pursue any extra curricular activities or talents? If yes, please explain below:
Well, I did get into Boe Martial arts when I was nine years old. Other than that I did a lot of dancing in school.

If sexually active, please list age of onset and sexual preference below. If not sexually active, are you aware of a sexual preference?:
I didn't become sexually active until fourteen a year before the incident really. I am into guys, but as of lately I am not sure about my preference any more. I don't like guys to touch me, but I also don't like women to either.

Please explain a little about your overall life below. What circumstances do you feel have brought you to where you are now? How do you feel about those? Do you have any thing else to note about your life that you feel has had some bearing on your current situation? Please explain below:
Well I grew up with parents that argued all the time and divorced when I was quite young. I had always felt in some way it was my fault because of my disability. Though I know in many ways it was not true, I just think they sort of fell out of love, well more like my mom could not keep her pants on to anything that had a dick. My dad well, he was the more traditional type he wanted a woman he could come home to and relax and talk to his day about. They both wanted a perfect daughter, and I guess I failed them because I was not what they wanted. So when the divorce took place, I was pretty much thrown between the two. My mom brought home a guy every month like they were underwear and they always poked fun at me, it was in some ways no better than the kids at school and then my incident with one of my mom’s ‘boyfriends’ yeah that sort of brought me to where I am now. I hated her and I hated the men, sometimes I just wanted both my parents together again but hey they say you can't get what you want all the time right? Otherwise I think we covered this section pretty well throughout the rest of this right?
The incident she speaks of was her rape. Her mother had broughten home a man who was under the influence of illegal substances from the bar where she had been at that night. From our records her mother had, had custody taken from her shortly after this incident with Ki-Lynn, where her father took custody. He was the one who with help from the social workers put her into therapy, it seems that even with therapy we were not able to completely help her condition, but this is to be expected with a adolescent who has went through this sort of trauma. Intialed Dr. J.M

Legal History:

Do/did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to prescription medications, street drugs or alcohol? If yes, please explain below:
Well, I did try to over dose on over the counter sleep medication Lunesta. Other than that I have never done anything else, well besides I got into the groove of drinking a little to much at twenty one and was arrested a couple times for D.U.I's. Other than that and since then I have sobered up.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction, age of conviction and circumstances below:
Assault and Battery, when I was seventeen because I threatened to slice one of my moms boyfriends because he tried to wake me up and startled me. I went into one of my episodes, I was recommended to the pyschatric ward under court orders.

If you answered yes to the above, please list sentences connected to these convictions below:
I was sentenced to my time in the pyschiatric ward due to this when they found out about my PTSD. Then two years of probation afterwards and constant regular therapy.

Have you ever knowingly committed a crime for which you were not convicted or sentenced? If yes, please explain below:
None that I can recall at the moment.

Personal Interview:

Describe yourself to the best of your ability in only five words:
Control, Determined, Depressed, Aloof, Talented.

You come across a glass of water. The total volume of water in the glass constitutes half of its total capacity. Is the glass half empty, or half full? Explain your answer below:
I would say half empty, this is due to why should one look at life like a glass of water. If they did, then in more respects than none it should be half empty, since from the time you are born life is a series of events that eventually slowly suck away your life until the day you actually die.

If you could change only one thing in your life, what would it be, and why?:
My incident when I was fifteen, I would change this because maybe then would I feel that I had some controll over my own life. Maybe I may not feel as if I need to control everything else around me, and perhaps I wouldn't have the problems I do. If I had to change it I would have taken the option of living with my father earlier than after I was forced to when I was fifteen.

How do you feel about your life and the things you have done in it, looking back? If you have committed crimes, how do you feel about those now?:
Looking back, well I do feel some stupidity to the fact that I tried to end my life a couple times. I know I shouldn't feel that what happened to me was my fault, but when something like that does happen how should one honestly and truely feel?

What are your goals in life, and how do you feel those would be best accomplished?:
I would love to be a martial arts teacher, or a dancer. I honestly can not say how to accomplish those would be the best since there is a lot of different ways to go about it, but I think that with a lot of practice and setting your mind to something you could do it.

Lastly, why have you chosen admission at St. Christina Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center, and how do you think this will help you toward your life goals?:
Honestly I did not choose it, I think it chose me I am not exactly sure.

Patient/Guardian Signature:

By agreeing to admission to our facilities, you hereby agree to abide by all rules and terms of service outlined in patient or resident handbooks, rules and codes of conduct. You hereby agree to waive your right to voluntary dismissal from our facilities until such a time as facility administrators sign paperwork for your release. You hereby agree to comply with facility staff recommendations, demands, or outlines for treatment. You hereby waive your right to informed medical consent before medication changes or medical procedures. You hereby agree to waive your right to hold GR Biotech and its Subsidiaries responsible for any personal harm or distress incurred during treatment. GR Biotech and its Subsidiaries reserve the right to add or amend these terms of service at any time.

Please sign and date below:

Ki-Lynn Berkley 06/15/2011

St. Christina Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center & St. Christina Medical Center are Subsidiaries of GR Biotech. All rights reserved ® 2011

Back to top Go down

Ki-Lynn Berkley Empty Re: Ki-Lynn Berkley

Post by Admin Space Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:14 pm

-Pending-

This application is currently pending. Below, you'll find the reasons for this pending notice. If you wish to continue the application process, please follow the points laid out below by a member of STC's staff.

• Firstly, we're going to need a better explanation for why she is mute. It's is very medically unlikely that the vocal chords would be damaged by an intibation tube, and that those vocal chords, on that off chance, wouldn't heal themselves. The human body, especially in infants, will heal damage. Furthermore, if they were damaged, she still wouldn't be mute. You don't require vocal chords to whisper, and they make electronic voice boxes. The only likely thing that would really make someone totally mute would be damage to the speech centre of the brain, in which case she probably wouldn't be able to understand anyone else either. It says that she never learned to speak, but she understands everyone else. With her current state, she would have learned to speak because she could still whisper. There are things that could cause total larynx deterioration. If you want to keep this (and you realise that it's going to effect your play quite a lot) I recommend a little research into it.
  • In addition, a baby three weeks early (roughly 39 weeks) wouldn't have under developed lungs unless there were severe complications. If the organs weren't developing right by this point the doctors would have known and something would have been done well before the mother came to term.
  • If she was still mute, did she go to a special school? Public schools wouldn't be equipped to handle cases where the student is not able to verbalise, as not all teachers are fluent in ASL. I think her grades would have suffered considerably without a normal communication structure, unless she went to a school perhaps for people with speech and hearing difficulties.
  • Her listed date of birth would make her currently 22 years of age. if you could change either the date or the age, that would be good.
  • This is a pretty minor point, but could you give a quick read through to check for misspellings or incorrect grammar? 'Broughten', for example, is not a word, and 'but this is to be expected with a adolescent who has went through this sort of trauma' is grammatically incorrect. 'Gone' would be the correct past tense to use here, etc. The whole answer from the psychiatrist to that section could really, really use some attention. it's difficult to even understand some parts of it. Please pay careful attention to the correct use of English, and perhaps use a spelling and grammar checking program to help you, if need be.
  • You missed a question under Environmental History; the 'Please describe your educational history' one. Can you give us an answer for it?
  • Can you tone down the fighting a little? Take out the part about taking weapons into school, she'd get expelled for that, and keep in mind that if she fights too much, she's going to have some kind of a criminal record for it. There's a lot going on in the app, losing a little bit of the violence isn't going to affect her too badly, in my opinion.

Please reply to this thread once you have edited your application, to let us know, and a member of STC's staff will review your application again at our next possible convenience..

This app was reviewed by: Admin Space, Admin Ghost, Mod Nebby and Admin Gabby.
Admin Space
Admin Space
Admin

Reward Points : 140

http://www.stcrpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Zillah Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Please respond to this application within 72 hours to let us know you are still interested in completing it. If you do not reply within the allotted time frame to let us know you intend to finish it, we will consider this application abandoned and the application - as well as the account it was posted under - will be deleted.
Mod Zillah
Mod Zillah

Reward Points : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum