Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Ashley Guinaud

Go down

Ashley Guinaud Empty Ashley Guinaud

Post by Ashley Guinaud Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:42 pm

◦ ASHLEY L. GUINAUD ◦

Ashley Guinaud 0041ar

Ashley Guinaud Applogo
D.O.B: 13/01/1969
STREET ADDRESS: 2006 Jefferson Avenue
TOWN/CITY: New Orleans
STATE: LA
HEIGHT: 6'0
WEIGHT: 160lbs
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: I have a scar on my right forearm from a childhood injury as well as a small scar from surgery to remove my appendix at age eleven. I do not have any piercings or tattoos, and no birth marks of particular note.

◦ EMPLOYMENT INTERVIEW ◦

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

I am applying for the position of Psychiatrist.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

Having worked in both clinical and private settings here in New Orleans, I am looking to expand my professional horizons. I hope to apply my teaching and experience in a new setting and with a deserving patient base. While I value all of my clients and would never deign to minimise their struggles, I feel my talents may be put to better use for more severe cases, in a setting where therapy may be more consistently applied.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I am a qualified and credited doctor of psychiatry in the state of Louisiana with experience both in a psychiatric hospital setting as well as a private clinic. I have worked with clients and patients of all ages since my graduation, and feel that I am well equipped to apply myself in a facility that is custom built for the purpose of helping young patients make changes to their lives.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

Yes. I hold a doctorate in psychiatry from the state of Louisiana, having attended university here in New Orleans. Initially, I had planned on a medical career, but found psychiatry to be my calling, and pursued this course in my final years of schooling and internship.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I have worked with young patients before and tend to relate well to them. I also feel that my relationship to three younger siblings gives me an edge when working with children and adolescents. I speak French fluently also, as do many of my family members.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I stayed my psychiatric internship to complete my doctorate at River Oaks Hospital here in New Orleans. I remained at River Oaks for a number of years before I ran my own private counselling practice out of a family owned property in the city.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

My most recent employment experience would be the last three years which were spent running and working at my own private counselling clinic in New Orleans. I was responsible for helping manage our financial affairs as well as our clientele and licenses. On top of this, I worked in a psychiatric capacity, seeing clients who required outpatient care. In this position, I frequently working with other doctors from New Orleans' various psychiatric facilities.
Prior to this I worked as a clinical psychiatrist at River Oaks Hospital, in the suburbs. I worked with tougher cases than perhaps I ordinarily encountered at my own clinic, but I feel that the diversity of my experience is an asset to me now. I am interested in returning to a clinical, inpatient setting, and am particularly excited to work with younger patients.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I think the experiences I've gathered through schooling and since will be invaluable to me in pursuing another clinician position. I have worked with a diversity of patients, of all ages and backgrounds, and I feel this has prepared me for returning to clinical psychiatry, as I once intended. I've learned not to judge a book by its cover, or a patient by their file for that matter. I am keenly observant, and open to new approaches to old problems.

◦ PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION ◦

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Mannered, disciplined, dedicated, compassionate, composed.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

My usual method of relaxation is a trip to the gym. Exhausting myself physically gives my mind a chance to calm as well. I'll admit that I partake in yoga on occasion also. I feel these methods have served me well enough.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

Three negative traits might be that I can be somewhat old fashioned on occasion. I'm a stickler for manners, and I can come off a little colder than I intend to at times because of this.

My positive traits might include my dedication to my work, my dedication to my family, and my new found desire to branch out and try something new, away from the city.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I would like to have stood up for my rights as an individual more in the past, and I would have pursued what I wanted rather than relying on instruction, perhaps.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

Being wholly morally opposed, I would be reluctant to complete the task, and would first attempt to negotiate a better solution to the problem. I would not compromise my morals or the safety of my patients for the sake of my job.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would confront them directly with the issue and demand that the behaviour cease. If the behaviour was a danger to patients or other staff, I would take it to a superior should it continue.

If your application for employment to Oakview is approved, will you agree to sign a full non-disclosure agreement, knowing that you would be unable to discuss any methods, protocols, subjects or other staff members with anyone not also employed by Oakview?:

Yes.

If hired, would you agree to follow all facility rules, guidelines and orders or instructions given to you by superiors, regardless of moral objections or other hindrances?:

I would agree to follow all instructions within the bound of my oath as a doctor, and providing they did not constitute an immediate danger to my patients. I would be willing to talk and negotiate on any orders to which I felt opposition, and do not believe myself to be a confrontational or oppositional man.

◦ ENVIRONMENTAL SCREENING ◦

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I was born and raised here in New Orleans, and have rarely left the city save for family vacations. I belong to an affluent and prominent family here in the city, and admit that my upbringing was priviledged and indulgent. I have three younger siblings who remain in the city, and with whom I intend to keep in touch.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

Many of my friends are people I have known since childhood, and who tend to drift within the same affluent social circles as the rest of my family. I would not say I have many close friends persay. I am closer to my siblings than to any of our family friends. I am not currently in a relationship and have never been married or engaged.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

After I finished high school, my parents pushed me toward the career path of a doctor, and I excelled at pre-med, and indeed medical school itself. However, as I became more exposed to the world of psychiatry I decided against my family's wishes to pursue it as my end goal. It gives me a great sense of fulfilment to help my patients and clients, and I do believe tht psychitry is more my calling than traditionl medicine would hve been.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

◦ OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION ◦

What are they not telling us? What secrets do they have to hide? What back story are we not hearing? This is where you can tell us all the things your character wouldn't put on an application, or others don't know:

As you can probably tell from his application, Ashley has some trouble with his 'affluent' family. He was raised as the perfect Southern Gentleman, in a family who are considered 'Old Money.' While his upbringing may have been priviledged, it was not especially happy. Ashley, as the eldest of four children, took on a protector role from a yougn age, against an overbearing and sometimes violent father. He remains close to his siblings and his mother for this reason, and was reluctant to leave the city because he is afraid to leave them behind without his watchful and protective eye over them. However, he can no longer stand to live under the family's influence and pressure on him, and so he's looking to move just far enough away that he can still keep tabs on his siblings and mother, but where his father and the family reputation won't reach him.

The reason for his current difficulties with his father and the family, and the r4ason he regrets not standing up for his individual rights is because he did not turn out exactly as the family would wish. From late adolescence he had been encouraged to date other affluent young women, and had been pressured to find a matrimnial match that would beenfit the family name and assets. He remained resistent to pressure and continued on as an eligible batchelor despite complaints. And instead of finding a wife, some months ago he found Ryan. Naturally, when the somewhat secretive affair came out to his family, it did not go down well. Pressure and threats from the Guinauds forced Ashley to distance himself from Ryan, and now, alone, confused about himself, and feeling some good, old fashioned Catholic guilt, he has decided to escape from the city and the watchful eyes of his family, to lick his wounds and try to find himself.

Your Nickname: Ghost
Your Chat Box Screen Name: GhostDeliverance
Your Character's Playby: Simon Baker
Ashley Guinaud
Ashley Guinaud

Reward Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum