[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Bus A, Day Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bus A, Day Two

Post by Admin Space on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:30 pm

The coaches rolled out of the rest stop after only a few hours, with the transferring patients safely aboard, segregated by ward once again. The staff had been able to rotate between them if they chose, though the security personnel stayed put. The plan was for the buses to drive through the night, and while there would be quick fuelling stops, there would be little chance for the kids to get off between now and their destination. Securing more sites like the first had proved difficult, and it had been decided that making best speed would be the most effective course of action. With that in mind, the convoy sped off into the night.

A brief fuel stop and driver change once the sun came up, and the buses were off again.

Admin Space
Admin

Reward Points : 140

View user profile http://www.stcrpg.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bus A, Day Two

Post by Nathanial Schram on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Back on the bus, Nate leaned his head against the seat. A sigh slipped past his lips and he twisted to look back at Ellen. They were keeping them separated for the moment, although he wasn’t entirely sure why. After all, they’d eaten lunch like good little psycho’s. It wasn’t like they’d done anything against the rules. Kissing Roscoe?? His brain prompted. Well, yes, but no one had seen that, and Roscoe hadn’t told, or he’d be sedated and bound in the back of the bus. But he was sitting in the middle-ish, lounging and wishing he had something to do other than stare at the textbook in his hands.

Frustrated, the thick book was pushed onto the empty seat and dark lashes came down over brown eyes. Since the reading was difficult, he’d just dream instead. Maybe think about what it would be like for him and Ellen after they were free of this place. Nate didn’t know where they were going, but he was sure it wasn’t going to be any less strict than St Christina’s. It didn’t matter much, his parents obviously had given up on him, and now he had Ellen to take care of.

He sat up and beamed her a smile before settling back into his seat again and re-closing his eyes. Soon, the subtle vibration of the bus and the quiet had combined to send him to sleep and visions flashed quickly behind his eyes. He saw Roscoe and he kissing against the stalls, Ellen looking at him from her back, her flesh covered in the black of his marker, and the smile on her face. The dream flashed back to Roscoe, drawing the kiss out to last several long minutes in the dream, although the reality was far shorter. The dream dragged him deeper, and he went with it, far more anxious to experience things in dreams than in reality.

He’d pulled Ellen from the group, sneaking them around the back of the building. How they weren’t caught, he didn’t know, but Nate would accept it for the luck it was. He’d backed her against a wall, crashing his lips onto hers with none of the gentleness he generally showed towards this fragile girl. He was more wild than he’d ever been around her, lost in the violent fantasies that ran through his head. His hands were rough as they divested her of just enough clothing to accomplish the act, and his aggression didn’t cease until it was over. Ellen’s pale skin was littered with red marks from his fingers and her back was likely abraded from the brick wall he’d braced her against. A wolfish smile was on his face as he re-dressed them, and kissed her. And then left her there and got back on the bus.

Nate shook his head as he woke from the dream. That had almost seemed real. It was true, he couldn’t really remember getting back on the bus, or what all had happened after he left Roscoe, but surely he wouldn’t have hurt Ellen. He wouldn’t hurt anyone. Not really, anyway, he was a good person. His hands pressed tightly to his thighs to subdue their trembling as he turned and looked to Ellen again, this time with quizzical brown eyes. Are you alright? He mouthed in her direction.

God he hoped that dream wasn’t true. He wouldn’t be able to stand if it was.
Nathanial Schram

Reward Points : 123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Michael hadn't noticed how short the rest stop had been until it was over. Like always, he had a great visit with Talon- he wanted to spend more time with him, but he knew that he had to follow the rules… even though he really didn’t want to. Once the brothers hugged each other goodbye and boarded separate buses, Michael started to feel his nervousness come back again. The recoiling motion that his arms made so that his hands could fumble with his collar, his wide eyes darting at anything that moved and his whole body trembling… were all universal signs. As a way to calm himself down, he tried to bring the fresh memory of what Talon’s arms wrapped around him felt like. He breathed it in, letting it fill him with warmth and self-assurance, and stepped onto Bus A once the line started moving.

‘I’ll be okay,’ He told himself. ‘It’ll only be a few more hours before I see Talon again… right?’

Unfortunately, he overheard that they wouldn’t be stopping for awhile, and he felt his heart descend into, what it felt like, his stomach. But he shook it off- he’d see Talon again… soon-ish. And for now, he could concentrate on something else. Yeah, something else.

Looking around for Nurse Valdez again, he spotted her sitting in one of the rows. As the line shuffled to her direction, he waved to her… trying to seem more friendly than nervous. He found over the years that he’d interacted with people that they responded to him better when he wasn’t in the midst of a freak out… when he seemed like he had control over himself. Although, when he thought about having control, it scared him- he didn’t think he was as capable as anyone else to be in control of anything… including himself.

“C-Can I sit with you again?” His question was innocent and modest, while still carrying traces of anxiousness.

After waiting for her reply, he sat down beside her. “How was your break?”

Michael always listened to other people first before he spoke- most of the time, he didn’t have to try. Other people were much more interesting than him anyway, and in his eyes, more important.
Michael Courtenay

Reward Points : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Pierce on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Before they had herded everyone from ward A back onto the bus, Orion had been watching everyone else meet up and talk to their friends that were in different wards with a blank expression on his face. He hadn't been jealous. Of course not. That would be stupid considering they were all just a bunch of freaks in psychiatric ward, but then again, Orion was one of those 'freaks' also.

Back on the bus and one strap from his backpack slung over his shoulder, Orion looked around for a place to sit. Everyone else seemed to already have a spot that didn't have to be mentioned that it was saved for them. They all knew where to sit because they all had friends, or acquaintances in the least. Michael was an acquaintance. Hell, Orion even considered him to be a friend. The smaller boy was nice, a quality Orion usually took as a weakness, but not this time, and he was funny too and he had gone through a little bit of what Orion had gone through.

Eyes searching for him, Orion finally caught a glimpse of him just as he distantly heard someone say that he 'shouldn't be standing while the bus was in motion'. Orion vaguely nodded to the bus driver and turned back to look at Michael. His friend looked pretty cozy sitting next to the older woman, who Orion knew was one of the facility members. Orion tightened his grip on the strap over his shoulder and waved shyly at Michael with a half smile. Then, Orion plopped down in the empty seat to his right and let his head fall limply onto the window pane. Legs stretched before him, Orion watched the land beside him blur past blankly.

Thinking about the yesterday, Orion remembered that it hadn't even been any better than how he could tell today was already going. Boringly, slowly, and left him feeling extremely exhausted afterwards, even though he hadn't done anything except sit and wait, sit and wait, sit and wait. Orion didn't talk to anyone yesterday either and he didn't expect anyone else to talk to him anyways. Already knowing what his mother would have to say about him being antisocial, Orion grew agitated and started to pick at the peeling skin around his fingernails. He could hear her nagging so clearly in the back of his mind that it was like she was sitting right next to him.

Orion was lonely. Orion was lonely and he hated to admit it, but he was. The fourteen year old actually got lonely more often than he would let anyone know. People only got lonely when they were dependent pussies, two things Orion didn't have any desire to be. Sitting there and just staring out the window really made him realize how lonely he had been ever since he came to St. Christina's and he felt disgusted with himself.

Turning his body so he was on his knees and his stomach was pressed against the bus seat, Orion peered around the bus behind the back of the seat at his fellow ward mates. None of them looked really dangerous at all, but a fuck load of them looked sad, uncomfortable, and bored. Then again, Orion didn't really look violent or dangerous either. He was just some skinny, pale kid who had anger issues. That made Orion chuckle under his breath and he fell back down into his normal sitting position, legs spread and back slumped extremely down the seat. He wished he had something to do.
Orion Pierce

Reward Points : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 pm

As Michael waited for Nurse Valdez to speak, his attention was pulled elsewhere when he saw Orion get on the bus. His expression brightened despite the look on his friend's face. Broody, as usual, but that's what made Orion Orion, he imagined. Michael wouldn't be who he was if he weren't so anxious and trusting, and Orion wouldn't be himself if he weren't so... guarded. They were who they were, and to some degree, they respected the striking differences in each other.

To Orion's meek smile and wave, Michael smiled brightly as his mouth took a sideways, anime-looking 'D' shape. His hand became an out of control windshield wiper as he waved back zealously. He was excited to see his roommate, who he considered to be his closest friend. Talon was his brother, and Orion was pretty much the closest thing to a best friend he had. The friendship he built with Orion, truly, was the strangest he'd ever experienced. Orion pretty much went from being dangerously close to beating the tar out of him to becoming friends with him and opening up a little bit... something that he was hesitant to do.

The smaller boy watched as Orion slump against the window of the seat he chose, and his heart tugged a little bit. He hadn't seen Orion since the first day of the move because he didn't know where the other boy was. He imagined they must have been on opposite sides of the line... that, and he was too caught up in anxiety to notice anyone anyway.

He turned to Nurse Valdez:

"You wouldn't mind if I switched seats, would you? My friend looks kinda lonely."

He stood up while the bus was in motion and added: "Thank you so much for all that you've done. You're one of the nicest people I've ever met, honest. You helped me through a lot. Maybe we'll see each other again sometime, if I happen to get injured or something."

Michael smiled and waved to the kind nurse, making his way over to Orion.

"Hey!" He exclaimed excitedly as he sat down next to his friend, not wanting to stand too long while the bus was moving. "I was looking for you! As we boarded the bus, we probably ended up on opposite sides of the line after we packed up. That, and I was close to an anxiety attack as we got on the bus, so I wouldn't have been able to notice you... I'm not very good at dealing with sudden change. It makes me nervous."

Michael paused to think. "Come to think of it, I didn't see you during the rest stop either- but that was because I was with Talon. Hey! Maybe you could meet Talon on the next rest stop!"

He laughed lightheartedly. "Anyway, how was your first day? And what do you think this new facility is? I've been wondering that..."
Michael Courtenay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Pierce on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Orion's deep concentration on the loose thread of his pullover was broken when he heard the familiar and cheerful voice of Michael as his friend plopped down on the seat next to him. He listened to Michael talk, very quickly actually, about how he hadn't seen him when they were boarding the bus. After Michael had finished speaking, Orion smiled and nodded his head.

“Yeah, I kind of stuck around towards the back during the rest stops,” Orion mumbled hesitantly.

He didn't really want to admit that he, very obviously, hadn't really made any other friends except for Michael so far.

Growing a little conscientious, Orion thought for a moment about meeting the guy Michael said he had been speaking to at the rest stop. Orion had seen them talking from where had been standing, he had been leaned up against the wall near the entrance of the men's restroom, and the two looked pretty close. Orion hadn't heard anything that they were saying, he was too far away, but he was kind of jealous of how close they were. It was most likely his fault that he didn't have a, quote on quote, 'best friend' yet at Saint Christina's. He had never been the most approachable person, considering the constant clouded look on his face.

“He's not in our ward,” Orion finally said, “Which one is he in?” There was a certain flatness to his voice when he asked this, however he was kind of interested in whoever Talon was. Maybe he was cool? But then again, maybe he wasn't. Michael is kind of a dork, but that's a reason why Orion liked him in the first place. Despite their thick and diverse differences, Orion respected Michael, but he really doubted he would ever tell Michael, or anyone, that he did.

"Anyway, how was your first day? And what do you think this new facility is? I've been wondering that..."

Shrugging, Orion said, “Kind of boring after we both left the room. I just walked around a little, got my bearings and shit.” He paused and thought for a moment about the new facility also. Admittedly, Orion hadn't really been wondering about it at all. In fact, he preferred not to think about it in the least. Sudden change actually scared Orion a little too. It was too... well, sudden. “I have no idea, really. Most likely as boring and shitty as this one.” He laughed a little because he knew it must be so old to constantly hearing him crap on Saint Christina's, but it was hard to not mention his burning dislike for the place. “Are you excited? I'm kind of nervous, actually. I mean, I was barely even settling into the old one before they all swept us off onto these damn buses, onto the next crackhouse.”
Orion Pierce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Michael was completely oblivious to the fact that Orion hadn’t made any other friends besides him. He didn’t have doubts that Orion could make friends, so therefore, the question was never pondered. The smaller boy had already accepted that if Orion and him went to the same middle school, Orion would probably be one of the guys kicking the shit out of him. Those guys never had any trouble making friends, and Orion had already told him stories of stuff that he and his friends did together. Besides, as cliché as it sounded, Michael was definitely nerdier. He didn’t think Orion would have any trouble at all finding companions. If he didn’t want to kill them, that is…

Then the boy wondered what would happen if Talon and Orion met. He didn’t think Talon would have a problem with Orion… unless he grew as confrontational as he was when he met Michael. In that case, Talon would demonstrate all BUT Michael’s initial anxious, fearful reaction. Talon wouldn’t have a problem telling Orion he was being a dousche, and then that would explode in their faces from there. But Michael knew that Orion wouldn’t get mad at just ANYTHING… so he guessed that they would be okay.

Michael was confident that he knew Orion pretty well, or well enough to understand him to a certain degree, and he was usually never confident about anything. Orion had a way of unintentionally radiating a level of self-assurance in him that was usually absent. What he said about Orion making him want to be braver still held true, and in a lot of ways, Michael looked up to him. He didn’t appear to be afraid of anything, though Michael had a feeling he probably had a few fears… but nothing like the laundry list Michael kept track of in his journal.

The two roommates weren’t as close as him and Talon, but in all honesty, they were two different kinds of relationships. Talon was his brother and Orion was the closest of the friends he’d made in the facility. He considered Orion to be his ‘best friend’, and he wondered if Orion thought the same for him. He wouldn’t ask though. It was better to just know by feeling, at least in this situation. Orion could be a minefield if he wanted to be.

“He's not in our ward. Which one is he in?”

“Oh! Well, Talon was in Ward C.” He piped. “So he got to go out on the island from whenever until 8 at night. He was a server at the local diner.”

He shrugged. “But that was before we moved. Do you think there’s still going to be wards divided up by severity of the case when we get to the new facility?”

Michael smiled when Orion made the hospital seem like some kind of hellhole… only because it was familiar. “I think we’ve both come to the conclusion that I don’t think it’s that bad, and you think it’s horrible… and if we both switched views, things would be very, very wrong.”

It was true. That would mean that Orion would be a naïve optimist (which he wasn’t) and Michael would feel resentment, which he truthfully never allowed in himself before. He was caught off-guard, however, when Orion admitted that he was anxious.

“You’re nervous too?” Michael looked at his friend with surprise and a certain level of curiosity. “I thought you never got nervous.”

Then, he remembered Orion’s habit of drumming his fingers on his arm and shrugged. “Nevermind. Everyone gets nervous sometimes. I just didn’t think it made you anxious. Mad, maybe. But not anxious.”

His gaze fell on his hands, which were resting on his lap as his thumbs fiddled with each other. “In answer to your question, it’s more nervousness than excitement. When I first got to St. Christina’s I was a wreck- this guy Andry from Ward B caught me crying, curled up in a ball minutes after I arrived. Luckily, he calmed me down but… um, I mean, the only reason why I said St. Christina’s wasn’t so bad when we first met was because… well… I think that’s all I could really do to keep myself from crying all the time. If I told myself the place was horrible, I would have… um, well, had anxiety attacks actually… because I’d unravel. I know it’s lying when I say that’s it’s not so bad but…”

He paused, trying to think of what to say next. “… but sometimes, it really isn’t. I met you, and I met Talon, and everyone else. I’m really close with both of you guys, and I know it’d be a lot more terrible if I hadn’t met you. And there were some days when I didn’t get lost or they were serving something good in the dining hall or I organized something that needed fixing…”

Michael had a habit of stretching his arms in a way that would suggest he was about to pitch, by pulling his elbows behind his head and across his chest, which he was doing as he spoke: “… I don’t know. I don’t like being hospitalized, especially not for such a long time, but it could be a lot worse. I could be in jail.”

He swallowed, deciding not to think about it further because it would scare him. Then he turned to Orion.

“So um… this is kind of a weird question… but…” He looked down in nervousness. “… why didn’t you beat me up when we first met… really?”

It was a question he’d thought about, very hard, since meeting Orion. There was a very obvious turning point in their ‘conversation’ (filled with threats, anger, anxiety and tears) that made Orion stop being angry and Michael stop being anxious. If he could understand what happened, it would be good for both of them, because then both emotions wouldn’t get the better of them again. He hoped Orion wouldn’t be mad…
Michael Courtenay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Pierce on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Admitting that Orion was close to someone was something that was really hard for him to do. Being close to someone usually meant that you cared about them, which wasn't necessarily something that he enjoyed feeling. Orion only admitted to caring about a few select people and even that had taken ages to pry out of him. He was secretive and guarded, which was obvious to everyone, including himself. Being open about things to just random strangers wasn't what Orion considered to be a good trait. If you let just anyone in, they could use all the stuff you told them against you. Letting people know about your weaknesses and strengths was a very dangerous and scary thing.

Still, Orion was coming to grips with the fact that he cared about Michael. In some ways, he was even a little jealous of him. Michael was so nice and Orion just didn't know how to do that. Since as long as he could remember he thought being nice was just something people forced themselves to do and Orion didn't usually force himself to do things, things just sort of did him, in a way. He very obviously lacked the self control that other people, normal people, had. But for some reason, it was always the bad things that were forced out of him, and not the good.

C Ward was the least dangerous of wards out all of them. Orion had only known this because his mother forced him to read the pamphlet just days before he was to leave. A thousand thoughts about Talon tumbled into his mind. He wondered what Talon's 'problem' was and how he acted. He must act nice considering how highly Michael seemed to think of him. After a moment of pondering the situation, Orion settled on the idea that maybe meeting Talon would be good for him.

"Do you think there’s still going to be wards divided up by severity of the case when we get to the new facility?”

Shrugging, Orion kind of hoped that it was, but didn't at the same time. If the new facility wasn't the same, and was divided into some unknown way that he couldn't think of at the moment, then maybe Michael would get to spend more time with Talon, which he considered to be a good thing. He definitely considered Michael a close friend of his, and he wanted to make sure that Michael was happy, whether he would ever admit that or not was undecided at the moment. On the other hand, if Orion was separated from Michael, he would probably either A. Walk around like a lost puppy or B. Go to his normal path of hostility in order to gain respect.

The fact that Michael didn't think Orion was nervous about anything was interesting to him. There was plenty of things that Orion was afraid of and that made him nervous and he thought that a few of them were pretty easy to catch onto. He thought he had already led onto the fact that Orion was terrified of his father. Even if he just liked to call it pure hatred, it was also a mix of fear that shot through him whenever he saw his dad. Orion was still a child and to have the normal love and affection you get from your dad and have it to be replaced with brutality disturbed him. Thinking about it, Orion never really had a set and stone reason on why his father even hated him so much.

"I'm human too, Michael," Orion muttered, looking at his friend. He didn't say it in a mean way, but more in defeated and quiet tone. The image he had set up for himself was horrible and it was really starting to dawn onto him. He didn't want Michael to think of him in the way that he wasn't, but he didn't want to start acting like some pussy now. Usually, Orion's feelings of hurt and sadness were quickly replaced by anger, but right now anger wasn't present. Nothing was. He felt sort of... empty.

Orion listened to Michael explain his philosophy on the way he saw things at Saint Christina's. The blind optimism that Michael used to force himself to think that the place wasn't so bad reminded Orion of the way he would force anger upon himself. Anger was just the easiest route to go. Why be happy, when you could be mad? Why think something is nice or interesting, when all this other horrible shit is happening?

“… I don’t know. I don’t like being hospitalized, especially not for such a long time, but it could be a lot worse. I could be in jail.”

Smiling, Orion nodded to that statement. Michael was right. Jail was definitely a lot worse than going to therapy and just being bored.

"You're right. Plus, I could get like, shanked, in jail, but here," Orion looked at Michael with a half smirk, but in a friendly way, "Well, I'm just going to say I'm pretty sure you're not going to shank me."

Michael's question made Orion's smile slowly sink and his eyes went clouded for a moment. He didn't really know why he hadn't beaten the crap out of him, considering he definitely wanted to. There was something that stopped him and Orion couldn't place a finger on it. He was confused on his own emotions and didn't know if they had been guilt or maybe even fear. The idea of getting in trouble in a new place excited him, but it also made him anxious. He already knew what would have happened if he had done that at school or at home, but Saint Christina's was a whole new world to Orion with different rules. Of course they had the same moral outlooks, but he didn't know much on the whole route they took for discipline.

"I guess because I though about my mom and how pissed she would be if I started something on my first day. Plus, I would have kind of felt bad afterwards. You were just being nice, but I get so angry all the time and I don't know why," Orion said, adverting Michael's eyes and was concentrated on picking at a piece of loose fabric on the bus seat. "I dunno, I was kind of scared too. I didn't know what the facility members would do to me."

After finally looking up at Michael, Orion smiled and playfully hit his friend's shoulder.

"Plus, I didn't really want to waste my energy, you know. Had to keep my strength up for the gun show," Orion joked as he lifted on of his arms up and flexed, well tried to at least. Orion was pretty skinny, so there wasn't very much muscle there.
Orion Pierce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:26 am

Unlike Orion, Michael could care and trust freely… but it wasn’t always a good thing. He cared a little too much, but that caring was what drove him to try to understand the people around him… like Orion. Sometimes, Michael’s extreme sincerity turned people off from being his friend. Others sometimes found it creepy, like he was trying too much- when really, he didn’t even have to try to care at all. It was just second nature now. Sure, he’d been hurt before- it was very hard to be both genuinely open and easy to break down without being hurt sometime in life. He’d been told by his former best friend and baseball catcher, Alan, that trusting to the degree he did was a bad thing. ‘Not everyone is a good person, Mike,’ He once said. ‘I know you want to believe that, but there will be a few people in your life who are going to prove you wrong. And I’m afraid for you. Because once that happens, I know you won’t put up a barrier to protect yourself… instead, you’ll let it break you.”

Michael hadn’t taken Alan’s warning seriously. Whenever he met anyone, he could see the good in them. That proved that they were good people. He didn’t take into consideration, however, that everyone had flaws and bad qualities… simply because he couldn’t see them. He never saw someone else’s ‘bad side’ unless it ran him into the ground. Unless it was forced down his throat. His own bad qualities, however, he was more than aware of.

Orion didn’t have any trouble putting up walls to protect himself. In fact, it seemed like he had a little too many. Orion was outwardly strong, self-assured and didn’t have any trouble voicing his opinion or selecting who to trust carefully. Those were all qualities that Michael admired, and quite honestly, wished that he had in himself. He wasn’t brave at all, but going a step deeper, he didn’t know how to be angry. He didn’t know how to properly channel his anger or frustration other than crying, and he didn’t know how to resent someone else. Even his father was a half-and-half between ‘I hate you!’ and ‘I really shouldn’t feel that way…’ Michael didn’t like to blame other people for anything- in his eyes, everything was his fault.

After Michael asked the ‘ward separation’ question, he thought about it for a moment. He hoped he’d be in the general vicinity of Talon AND Orion. He was lucky to get to room with Orion, but what if he was separated from him? Or worse, both of them? He tried not to think about that- they’d play it by ear, he imagined. He didn’t want to be separated from Orion- not only were the two close, but they balanced each other out. In a way, they were therapeutic for each other- Orion would have never opened up if Michael hadn’t met him, and Michael would have never loosened up and cursed as he told stories from his life in Michigan. If they didn’t get to see each other, Michael imagined that things would just go back to the way they were- Orion would be hostile and hate the world and Michael would be panicky and even less confident than he already was…

"I'm human too, Michael,"

Michael’s eyes widened slightly, then his expression melted into sincerity and concern. He didn’t look at Orion as some kind of angry monster incapable of sadness or anxiety… at all. He internally scolded himself for implying something he didn’t mean, then said:

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. I meant that you seem so strong all the time, that’s all. Though, I don’t think nervousness is a sign of weakness either. Easy for me to say, right?”

He smiled a little bit after that, in hopes that it would bring his friend out of his disconnected state.

When he talked about St. Christina’s, most of what Michael talked about wasn’t lying at all. Through optimism, he’d find small miracles every day that could help him get through lock up. This had, by far, marked his longest hospitalization- his other two were only three days and one week. But he still found little lights in the darkness and clung to them. He could tell that the concept was completely foreign to Orion as he spoke about it.

His expression brightened when Orion smiled and sort-of, kind-of said something positive.

“I wouldn’t shank a one-winged mosquito,” He laughed. “I think you’re okay.”

Michael could tell that his question had caught Orion off-guard, but he felt a sense of meaning knowing that Orion thought he was nice. He smiled compassionately as he listened.

“I understand. I don’t know how my mom would feel if I fought with someone here. Then again… I never have before, so she would probably say, ‘Who are you what have you done with Michael Courtenay?!’” His mother’s exasperated voice was projected perfectly, then he giggled. “Sorry. But yeah, I don’t know what their punishment system is either. And it’s probably going to be different from that when we get to this new place. So I guess I’m lucky I survived.”

A small laugh escaped him as Orion hit his shoulder jokingly, savoring it. It meant that he cared, that he didn’t think that Michael was going to shatter at one tap to the shoulder. It meant that he didn’t underestimate him.

“Pffft, yeah, okay,” Michael joked sarcastically when Orion showed off his would-be muscles. He then puffed out his chest and quoted ‘The Terminator’. His voice imitation would have been completely spot-on if Arnold Schwartzenegger was a pre-pubescent boy: ”Your clothes- give them to me.”

He laughed uncontrollably in his knees after that, then sat up after remembering first watching that movie with his mom:

“I need to tell you something. I don’t think I’ve told anyone else- sometimes, my mom says scary things while she’s drunk, like when I was seven years old, she woke me up and told me that if I don’t pay my taxes, the government will come into my room and shoot off my kneecaps. But sometimes the things she says are really funny- like this one time, after drinking almost a ¾ bottle of Captain Morgan, she decided to have the birds and the bees talk with me. ‘Michael, I don’t care if you like girls, I don’t care if you like guys. But I will have do disown you if you go out with a squid. And don’t get a girl pregnant either. And especially don’t get a girl squid pregnant!’” Michael spoke with his mother’s voice, with the slurred drowsiness for an added effect, then laughed. “I think guys usually have that talk with their father. I’m kind of glad that didn’t happen- his would have been a lot less fun. Have you had that talk yet? I don’t know why I have… it’s not like it’s relevant right now.”

His face suddenly became the color of a tomato… after realizing that he’d just openly admitted to being a virgin. Not that it would be hard to tell, or anything…

“Er, nevermind.”
Michael Courtenay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Pierce on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Orion couldn't really honestly say that Michael's response to his comment on being, indeed, the same species of Michael, wasn't expected. After he had said, Orion sort of knew what type of response was coming back and he felt kind of bad afterwards. Orion wasn't mad at Michael, or even offended for that matter, but it had just kind of slipped out. It was one of the things where your outlook on it was kind of jumbled. You hardly even knew what you were feeling because you were thinking about it too much. Sometimes, Orion thinks that his feelings just get blocked out because of his thoughts whenever he sits down and really concentrates on something. It's a weird type of feeling and Orion wondered if it happened to Michael, too. Probably not considering it was a pretty abnormal thing to forget how you were even feeling.

The soft smile made Orion's spirits lift enough to bring himself to smile back. Michael was a nice kid and Orion really admired that. In all honesty, Orion usually used to see friendliness as a sign of weakness. He had thought it made you look desperate for praise, in a weird way. Well, Orion had seen it like this before he came to Saint Christina's. When you're nice to someone, you do it for yourself and not to just make the other person feel good. You were doing it because it made you feel better about yourself and it gave you this false sense of security to think that you were a nice, decent person. Now though, his opinion on friendliness just seemed really honest when Michael displayed it. It wasn't about trying to make yourself feel good anymore, it was about making the other person know you're not just some jackass. It wasn't just a selfish gesture.

Laughing from Michael's spot on impression, Orion nodded, but the nod looked pretty weird when he was laughing like a mad man. It looked more like some hysterical jerking motion. As soon as he had caught his breath enough to look like a normal human being, Michael did another, but this time, of Arnold Schwarzenegger. The normally high pitch of his friend's voice made it sound like a twelve year old, yeah, but otherwise, it could definitely pass as The Terminator when he was in sixth grade. Orion kind of gave up on trying not laugh that time, to put it simply.

“I need to tell you something. I don’t think I’ve told anyone else."

Orion beamed after he had finally caught his breathe - again. Michael trusted him enough to tell him something that he's never told anyone before and he sort of, kind of, took it to heart. It felt good knowing that Michael really was his friend here, and that he didn't have to be alone all the time. He felt a little silly for making such a big deal out of it, but it made him happy and he didn't want to ruin that.

At first, Orion made a half sarcastic face of shock at the kneecap comment, then he let out a small chuckle as Michael continued the story. The fact that it was Michael having the talk with his mom made it pretty funny, but then the whole thing about Michael's mom's unexplained dislike for squids made it so much funnier and he was almost kicking with laughter.

Then Michael asked him if he had had the talk yet and he stopped laughing because his friend's face went all red and Orion just wanted to shove him again and say that he didn't have to feel all awkward about it, but he didn't.

"Yeah, well no - see, no one in my family really sat down and talked to me about, I just kind of found out, you know?" Orion shrugged. "I just kind of saw it in movies and stuff, and then was like 'oh, so that's what they doing.' "

After laughing a little nervously, Orion just looked at Michael with a 'so, yeah' expression. He didn't care if Michael was a virgin at all. A lot of people were and Orion would rather be one than not be one. He didn't really see the whole sex thing to be such a big deal, actually. All he knew was to abide by the mandatory rule. "Wrap it before you tap it," Orion thought out loud, and then looked at Michael to see his reaction after he realized what he had just said.
Orion Pierce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum