[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Day one rest stop. (All Buses)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day one rest stop. (All Buses)

Post by Admin Space on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:29 pm

It was early evening by the time the convoy of buses rolled in to the rest stop, after a long drive straight along a freeway. They had a long way to go still, this was simply a rest to allow the students and staff to stretch their legs and eat a hot meal, as opposed to the sandwiches and snacks that had been provided so far. Security were first off of the buses, of course, setting themselves up to make sure none of the kids would be able to get away. They were quite happy to let the kids have the run of the little restaurant, and the picnic area beside it, enough space for them to stretch their legs, not enough to get up to much in the way of mischief, especially as they'd have the rest of the staff mingling.

The plan was they'd stay here for a couple of hours, and drive on through the night, once the buses were refuelled and restocked. Until that was finished, the patients would remain under the watchful eyes of the transferring Saint Christina's staff. The buses could even mingle, for now.

Admin Space
Admin

Reward Points : 140

View user profile http://www.stcrpg.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Day one rest stop. (All Buses)

Post by Talon Rogers on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

As soon as the bus pulled to a stop, Talon was out of his seat, his octopus tucked under one arm. He jammed the paperback copy of The Tyranny of the Night into his back pocket and waited impatiently for the crowd ahead of him to file out. Finally, he was moving up the aisle. He fairly leaped the steps to the ground, did a stutter step, recovered, and looked around.

Throughout the long bus ride, when not trying to concentrate on his book, he had spent much of his time looking anxiously out the window, waiting for this first rest stop. Now, he scanned the students filing out of the other buses. He noticed a girl climb out of one of the buses that he knew was in Ward B, which meant the other bus must be Bus A. Instantly cheered, he hurried over to the bus and stood on tiptoe to scan the kids who had already filed out, and who were still filing out.

"Michael?" he called. "Michael, here I am!"
Talon Rogers

Reward Points : 84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:05 pm

The bus had come to a halt, and a burst of excited energy caused Michael to practically jump out of his seat. He joined the line and smiled apologetically to Nurse Valdez.

"I'm going to go look for my brother, if that's alright."

He waved to the genuine spirit in a young woman's shell, reminding himself of how kind she had been to him. Michael knew very few people who had as big of a heart as she did. It was comforting to talk to her, not just because of her words or the hand on his shoulder when they first saw each other, but because she reminded him so much of his mother. It was a confusing phenomenon that Michael didn't quite understand- when he thought about Evie Courtenay, he was torn apart because of how much he missed her, but when someone came along who reminded him or her (like Nurse Valdez, Officer Garcia, or Teagan from the home) a little piece of that longing was brought back to him in another form.

Talon's story was different. Michael didn't have anyone specific for his wishes for an older brother, only that he wanted one. But now, Talon had sealed up the void and it was now exactly his size and shape. If Talon were to suddenly disappear, Michael's world would crumble, just like it had when his mother gave him up. But he'd given it a lot of thought, and he was certain that if Talon gave him up, he'd take it a lot harder. Luckily, at least he thought, that would never happen.

The line was finally moving forward and Michael was scanning the area as he stepped down the stairs. When he got off the bus, his eyes fell on Talon calling for him, and his expression instantly brightened. He wondered momentarily how, given his height, he was able to see him. It was probably because Talon was standing on his tip-toes.

Michael, making sure not to knock anyone over, practically flew over to his brother and gave him the biggest hug imaginable.

"Hi, Talon!" He piped, his fists clutching Talon's shirt affectionately. He laughed once he saw the octopus. "I see you've brought Jesse. How was the ride over? I was really anxious when I first got on the bus, but then I met Nurse Valdez and she gave me your note-" Before he continued, his hazel eyes projected warmth as he smiled. "Thanks so much for that, by the way. It helped a lot. I'll keep it forever. And I love you too- I didn't get a chance to say that because we're on different buses."

Michael looked around, and concluded that they'd be having a meal outside from the picnic field. "You want to get some food or sit down?"
Michael Courtenay

Reward Points : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson Nez on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:36 am

It didn't really bother Jackson that they were moving again. At least there was no airplane involved, and the crazy girl who'd attacked him the last time they'd moved wasn't on his bus. He had sat beside some guy who, thankfully, had had no interest in conversation, because Jackson had spent most of the ride sleeping with his head against the window. That was unpleasant, because every time they hit a bump his head would crack against the window, waking him up and giving him what felt like a slight concussion. The only alternative was cuddling with his asocial seat mate, and that wasn't going to happen.

The rest stop was a welcome repast from having his head bounced off glass every few minutes, and it felt good to stretch his legs. Hands stuffed in his pockets, Jackson followed the tide of kids disembarking from bus B into the little restaurant. He stared at his shoes, which looked as if they were about to shred into a million little Nike bits at any moment, and thought that this would make a good beginning for something. A film about a serial murderer on a bus full of crazy kids. Picking them off one by one while they slumped in their medicine half-comas. Not that anyone was really in a medicinal coma, but it would be better if they were for the sake of the serial murderer plotline. One or two kids haven't been taking the mind-controlling medicine, and they manage to fight off the killer while the incompetent staff try to call the police on the broken radio. Someone had to fall in love, too, over the corpse of said murderer. Great idea.

Jackson looked up long enough to enter the restaurant. He stood still for a moment, examining the staff of the restaurant...they were probably pretty baffled by all of this. He felt like all the kids should put on their best crazy show; otherwise, the restaurant's staff would probably feel pretty cheated. Maybe some twitching and involuntary cussing. Some loud crying. A few fistfights. And everyone should definitely talk to themselves. He caught himself snickering at the mental image of a bunch of maniacs wandering around this place babbling, and glanced up to see someone looking at him. All of this had put him in a stangely good mood, so he said,

"What's up?"
Jackson Nez

Reward Points : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axenia Stravinsky on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Her co-workers had probably never seen her so casual, unless perhaps they'd spotted her at the gym once or twice. Dressed in a pair of cigarette leg jeans and a pair of preppy pink and grey boat shoes. Even she had to admit that a bus trip with volatile mental patients over the course of multiple days was not an appropriate scenario in which to wear heels. It was a delicate balance for her to make sure she was casual, comfortable, and yet still professional enough not to confused with a student. A collared pink blouse and a delicate cardigan seemed to be enough. There was something about kids and collars outside of uniformed hours that seemed to be like oil and water. If it wasn't a t-shirt and hoodie it was highly unlikely that they'd want it.

Axenia had been stationed on the ward A bus. Only the good lord knew why. There were young men on that bus twice her body weight. But it had been a quiet ride thus far. Only a few minor disturbances and nothing that would ever require more than one security guard or even just a stern word from the now-head-of-everything. Dr. Bjorgen. The man was impressive. But the true blessing was the fact that every kid on the bus knew it. His mere presence was enough to stop a lot of the trouble making.

Stepping off the bus after she'd helped to check it over and make sure every student was off and ready to go for a hot meal. A little bounce in her step as she moved. Happy to be standing, moving, and all without the floor rattling along the road beneath her. She smiled up in the direction of the sky. The weather was still nice enough and it would be steadily nicer as they made their way down south once more. She'd been plenty comfortable with the cooler weather when they first headed north, it was more like what she'd grown up with. Still she couldn't pretend she wasn't ecstatic when she first moved to Arizona. If she had her pick of things she'd settle permanently some place warm some day. She didn't are how much sunscreen she had to apply to her porcelain skin every morning. Plucking her sunglasses out of her hair she slipped them over her eyes. Giving a smile and a nod to her nearest co-worker.
Axenia Stravinsky

Reward Points : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Rogers on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Talon's whole face lit up as he finally spotted his little brother, and the enormous hug Michael gave him made the whole bus ride worth it. He hugged the younger boy back just as tightly, an involuntary smile taking over his face. He hoped they would have more than one rest stop a day, because he fully intended to make the most out of every one of them.

"Of course I brought Jesse," he said, laughing a little as he stepped back from his brother. "He hasn't left my side since we left the island. The ride was okay, I guess--spent most of it reading. Lucky I have a good supply of paperbacks, though, because I'm going to finish this one before the day's out." He ruffled Michael's hair. "How was it from your end?"

A blush stole over his face as Michael thanked him for the note. "I'm surprised you could read it, honestly. I scribbled it standing up while waiting in that infernal line to get to the buses. I'm glad it helped, though. I just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten you or that I was staying behind or anything." He would never do that, but he knew his brother's fears and could even understand them, up to a point.

"You want to get some food or sit down?"

Talon glanced around. At first he thought they would be expected to eat the same prepackaged crap they'd been eating the whole trip, just sitting out at picnic tables, but then he noticed security shepherding students into the restaurant. Were they actually getting real food? Heck, if the staff wasn't buying, Talon would--at least for him and Michael. He'd wanted to take his little brother to dinner at the diner while they were still at St. Christina's, but Michael hadn't been permitted to leave the facility.

"Let's get some food," he suggested. "I'm so hungry I could eat an elephant--raw," he added, hoping to make Michael laugh. "Luckily, that won't be an issue. C'mon, let's see what's on the menu here. My treat."
Talon Rogers

Reward Points : 84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Schram on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Free of the bus, Nate found Ellen in the crush and linked fingers with her while they got food and found a place to eat. It wasn’t fantastic food, but it was better than soggy sandwiches and juice boxes. Juice boxes! It’s like they were kindergarteners or something. They might all have mental issues, but he was quite sure everyone was able to drink out of a cup without assistance. He didn’t speak while they ate, there were simply to many people around, and he knew that with the incident earlier, the staff was watching him more carefully. Nate knew that he would have to find a way to get over the temptation that Roscoe posed. How that was going to work, well, that was the answer that was still eluding him at the moment.

“I’m sorry. I just… I lost control for a minute.” Nate looked up at his girlfriend with big, sad brown eyes. Wasn’t that a kicker? He found a girlfriend in a looney bin. A girlfriend that seemed to understand him and his odd impulses. It was like some weird feel-good movie. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy and girl live happily ever after. Well, if you believed in that crap. He wasn’t sure he did anymore, but he did know that he’d not meant to hurt Ellen or scare her. Definitely had not meant to get her in trouble with Bjorgen. That man scared the pants off of Nate. Ever since he’d first caught them making out on the grounds, Nate had tried to steer clear of the Germanic looking man. He was just scary.

Nate lifted Ellen’s hand to his lips and kissed her fingers with a smile. “I’ll be right back.” He gave her hand a light squeeze, then lifted his tray and dumped the remains of the greasy spoon lunch into the trash before heading to the restroom. He was surprised to find it mostly empty, but then again, a lot of the others were mingling still. After using the facilities, and washing his hands, Nate leaned back against the wall to just gather his wits for a moment. They still had a long way to go on this bus trip and he was going to have to deal with his ex-roommate to get through it.

As he lounged there, he was surprised to see the object of his thoughts come out of the only occupied stall in the quiet, tiled room. He swallowed hard as Roscoe washed his hands, tracking the other boy’s movements in the large mirror with lust filled eyes. He wanted to grab Roscoe and pin him against the wall and kiss him breathless. It was a violent urge, a precursor to the normal fantasies that normally filled his brain. The same fantasies that Ellen’s presence seemed to calm a bit. But Ellen wasn’t here, and Roscoe was, and although Nate fought it, he could feel himself moving closer to his target.

To Roscoe, it must have seemed like Nate moved in the blink of an eye, but to Nate, it took several, long, torturous heartbeats to reach the other boy. And then they were pressed tightly against each other and against the laminate wall of the stall near the sinks. Clothes kept Nate from feeling everything he wanted, but that part didn’t matter so much as he stared into Roscoe’s eyes and then smiled. He would allow himself this kiss, and keep the rest of it tightly leashed. He could go to Ellen after and hope that she could calm him.

Nate’s lips touched Roscoe’s, gently at first, and then firming up. It went from a tentative kiss to a passion filled one in less than five seconds, and a small groan left Nate at the pictures forming in his head of the two of them together and the beautiful pictures that Roscoe’s blood would make as it pooled on the flooring and dried on his skin.
Nathanial Schram

Reward Points : 123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roscoe Jones on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm

The bus ride had been very long and with little disruption... well apart from when Nate had his little outburst and gotten into trouble with the big man Bjorgen. Roscoe hadn’t officially met Bjorgen yet but he knew enough about him that he wanted to steer very clear of the head honcho. He didn’t have a death wish; he just wanted to be left alone more than anything else to be honest. Still he was both surprised and confused by Nate’s behaviour by the way he was so fiercely drawing on Ellen’s arm like that... it was like he was purposely trying to hurt her. Roscoe let his mind drift back to his first meeting with Nate where he ended up locking himself in his closet and repeating to himself something about not hurting him... or something like that he could barely hear him. Still, it was a poignant memory in his brain right now and he was seriously starting to doubt whether or not he should really associate with Nate this point in time... the last thing he needed was for the guy to flip his switch on him and Roscoe having to deal with him trying to beat him up.

Of course Nate had offered to be Roscoe’s punching bag if he so ever needed it, but they hadn’t really ended up following through with that much and Roscoe had done a very good job of keeping to himself through the duration of the time he was here at Green Ridge. And so he was going to use that same strategy now... as soon as he hopped off of the Ward A bus he went to try and find some place of seclusion that he could set his bag down at and read for a while and found a nice patch of grass where he placed his bag and then he went over to the toilets and used one of the cubicles... he remained there for a little while just enjoying the solitude and silence that the small, cramped space provided but eventually he left his seclusion and went to wash his hands only to run into Nate. But still he remained silent and washed his hands quietly without even a glance at the other boy and hoped he could slip out without being noticed. However it felt like his every move was being marked by his big brown eyes and before he knew it he was being slammed up against the wall by Nate with him slowly smiling at him.

What the fuck?! Was Roscoe’s initial thought as he readied himself to battle off Nate in case he did end up flipping his switch on him. Instead he did something that surprised Roscoe... he kissed him. Softly at first until it gradually increased in passion as Roscoe remained there pressed up against the wall completely stunned and wondering what the hell was happening. Most of him was completely in shock and still reeling from what was happening another small part of his brain was working a mile a minute and driving him mad. You’re being kissed by a guy! Oh God you’re being kissed by a guy! What the hell is happening to the world? He was being kissed for the very first time... by the craziest mother fucker he had ever met. Yes, yes Roscoe was going to need a hell of a lot of counselling after this.
Roscoe Jones

Reward Points : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:45 am

The glimpse of Talon's face before hugging him was more than fulfilling for Michael. He was just as happy to see Talon as Talon was to see him. Talon had Jackson, at least for most of his life, so he already knew what finally seeing your brother after you missed him felt like... though Michael knew that his big brother must have been torn apart inside knowing that he hadn't been able to see Jackson for a long while. It was painful for Michael to think about, and he couldn't even imagine what it must have felt like, but he did know that he wouldn't be able to cope if he were apart from Talon that long... that all he'd have of him were notes written in invisible ink and photographs that needed to be tucked away somewhere safe. When Talon's arms enveloped around him, he felt 1,000 times better than he had when he boarded the bus- it was as if that anxiety and unpleasantness completely disappeared. Now, Talon and him could spend some time together- the highlight of his day.

Michael was ecstatic to know that Jesse meant so much to Talon- he still hadn't grown out of making homemade gifts at age fourteen, but Talon obviously hadn't minded. It was his own way of showing someone how much they meant to him- Talon's reaction when he received Jesse wasn't that much unlike his mom's when he gave something to her.

"What were you reading? Was it any good?" He giggled when Talon ruffled his hair, taking comfort in the action and being tickled at the same time. "Well, I was really nervous when I first got on the bus- I thought I was about to have an anxiety attack and those are awful. But Nurse Valdez helped calm me down- she's the lady you gave the note to. We talked for the ride here, and I read your note, so I was okay. I'm just glad I wasn't alone."

Michael laughed when Talon mentioned his handwriting. "I can read any type of handwriting- my mom's is pretty hard to read. It's all loopy and close together. My dad's is horrible- he's a doctor, so it's understandable that he has bad handwriting. They take a lot of notes." He shrugged. "It's really okay- in fact, just recognizing that the handwriting was yours made me feel better in itself."

The comment about being forgotten caught him off-guard, but then he smiled sincerely. "I know. I only thought that you'd disappear or something for a split second when I was in the middle of freaking out- I know it's not true when I'm calm though. Lots of things I'm afraid of when I'm anxious don't make any sense. Like, this one time, Jorge told me that if I walked from the dorms to the nurse's station at the youth home alone, I'd get eaten by a terr-, um, terr-o, terr... terr-o-- rrrr! P-T-E-R-O-D-A-C-T-Y-L! Huge, flying dinosaur with wings!" Michael extended both of his arms, swooping and circling around Talon as though he were pretending to be an airplane, frustration with his speech impediment quickly turning into light-hearted laughter. "Anyway, after Jorge told me that, I wouldn't go in that passageway alone. Ever. It's like the fear I get when I don't wash my hands thoroughly enough- Dr. Ivanova said that I wash my hands like a surgeon. I get underneath the fingernails and everything."

He didn't exactly realize as he was talking that what he'd described was the textbook description of OCD- he didn't know enough about it. He trusted that all therapists, and everyone for that matter, knew what they were talking about.

Michael secretly thanked the Lord that Talon chose food over sitting. He was starving- he didn't eat the packed lunch provided for him simply because he couldn't eat when he was anxious or upset. He did drink the juice box they gave him, though.

He giggled after imagining Talon eating an elephant, and believed him literally. Everyone, but especially Talon, always spoke the truth....right?

"Okay," He said meekly and followed Talon to the restaurant area, then a sick feeling dropped at the pit of his stomach once he realized what he'd just agreed to. He couldn't cover up his look of distress just like he couldn't cover up any of his other emotions. A pair of shaking hands found their way to hold onto his shirt. "I-I have to ask for things, don't I?"

He knew it was a dumb question, but that didn't stop his worrying. One of the only things on planet Earth that he loathed... was asking. For anything. Why should other people give their time and effort to give him what he wanted? It made him uneasy just thinking about it. That's why he very rarely ventured out to a diner or an ice cream shop unless he was forced to by his mother (for practice reasons) or with a friend. Usually, he would simply order what the person next to him ordered, so he'd just have to say 'I'll have that too.', no matter what it was. (Evie hadn't allowed him to do this- "You have to learn to ask sometime, Michael. When you grow up, no one's going to do it for you.") He just froze up and got tongue-tied whenever he asked for something, even if it were as meaningless as a pencil or a dryer sheet.

He sighed. "I'm so selfish. I don't like asking, but I know I have to get over it sooner or later."

And that was another fear he knew he had to face.
Michael Courtenay

Reward Points : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellen Underwood on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Ellen hadn't exactly been happy about events on the bus, but at least she'd been able to spend the trip drawing, Given that Nate had already attracted Bjorgen's ire, she'd even kept the art clean, just in case the doctor thought he'd come take a look at whatever she was doing. He couldn't complain about a sketch of an elf child chasing a butterfly, could he? Her sketches didn't get much more harmless than that after all, if anything she'd just have called this one cute. Still, it kept her occupied right up until the bus stopped for the evening break, and she was sure it'd keep her amused for some of tomorrow too, depending on where Nate sat.

She'd smiled as his hand found hers in the press of bodies as they exited the bus, and though the expression had faded in the silence that followed, it was still there even when she was done picking at her meal. There might be plenty of staff around, but the frail blonde still didn't eat much, whatever Nate might have said about her weight. She was somewhere around the lower end of healthy, she thought, so it was all fine, right? besides, the staff weren't going to get on her case for not eating too much of this greasy rubbish, that much she was sure of.

"Don't be sorry Nate." she replied, her smile returning as he spoke, her own voice quiet. "Did it...help you?" she added, squirming a little. "if it helps you then..." she trailed off, squirming a little more, "I don't mind what you do to me." she added in a whisper, leaning over to peck him on the lips, briefly. Nothing to get the staff worked up about, she hoped. As he spoke again and kissed her hand, she smiled once more, and nodded. "Okay, I'll wait here." she responded, giving another nod and watching him as he headed for the bathroom. oblivious as to what he was up to in there, she simply stayed sat down and let her gaze wander over the crowd of her fellow patients.
Ellen Underwood

Reward Points : 135

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Schram on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:38 pm

The kiss lasted for several long moments. Long enough for Nate to get a nice taste of Roscoe, to imprint the feel of the other man's body against his, to memorize the sensations of the lips beneath his. It was more than enough time to fuel the closet sadist's fantasies for several weeks. The kiss broke, the harsh pants of Nate's breath washing against Roscoe's lips, for although their flesh parted, they were still as intimately connected as lovers after a night of passion. Brown eyes darted over Roscoe's face and Nate leaned him to brush their lips once more, then stepped back. A slow, wicked smile curled Nate's lips and he spoke quietly. "Thank you."

That smile rode his face as he stepped out of the restroom and made his way back to Ellen. He was aware he'd been gone a long time, longer than needed for the standard use, but hopefully she wouldn't have noticed. The visions were flowing through his head unchecked, for the first time in a long time, but he didn't feel the need to act on them. Instead, it was almost like foreplay. As if the visions were a buildup to something greater and better. How true that might be was still up in the air, and it would likely be a long time before he was in a position to see that. At the moment, he felt like he could wait. Like the kiss would hold him over for a while.

Strong hands came down on Ellen's shoulders, squeezing slightly, inflicting the barest amount of pain, and then slid down her arms as he leaned over and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Hi." There was something in his voice, a tone that Ellen might recognize from their talks after making out or sex. A husky quality and a curious hopeful sound, as if he was waiting for something else to happen. Hoping that, although the action was stopped for now, it would pick back up soon. And that's what he was thinking. He was hoping that Ellen would be willing to go and find a nice quiet place to get some action before they were herded back onto the buses.

"Let's go find somewhere quiet." He whispered in her ear and then pulled away, hoping she'd follow, and the staff wouldn't.
Nathanial Schram

Reward Points : 123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum