[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Bus A, Day One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bus A, Day One

Post by Admin Space on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Exactly one hour after the intercom had chimed into life, the ward A patients who were to transfer to the new facility were lead out to their waiting bus by a pair of Saint Christina's security, a few other guards and staff mingling with the group en route. The leading guards took up positions either side of the coach doors, and the students were herded inside, followed by a number of the staff who were also transferring to the new facility. Once they were all more or less settled down, the engine coughed into life, and coach A was off, beginning it's long journey back to Louisiana, and another new facility.

Admin Space
Admin

Reward Points : 140

View user profile http://www.stcrpg.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bus A, Day One

Post by Michael Courtenay on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:17 am

Just a short while after he'd gotten used to St. Christina's, Michael admitted to himself that perhaps he was improving with dealing with sudden, major change. He realized after he heard the news that they were being moved... he jinxed himself.

Michael's small baseball duffel bag, full of the things the administrators told him to bring, was slung over his shoulder as his hands gripped at the strap as though he were holding a stuffed toy. His hazel eyes were wide and wet with fear and distrust, the second element being usually foreign to him.

As he walked in line to be shuffled onto the bus with the rest of the Ward A denizens, his eyes were on the ground- his friend Josie in elementary school had taught him to walk while looking straight ahead and that helped for his first baseball tryout... but when he was especially anxious, the need to look at the ground while he walked returned from its long-buried tomb. He told himself forcefully to calm down and stop trembling, but that didn't help at all. He scolded himself for being so crazy- if he were an easier case, he would have been on the bus with Talon and he would definitely be calm if he were with him. He bit his lip- he wanted his brother. He hoped that the different wards got to mingle with each other at rest stops, because he missed Talon, even though they saw each other all the time.

Once he was on the bus, he sat towards the front. He inched his way over to the window and tried desperately to calm his breathing down. He inhaled deeply, held it for a second, and exhaled slowly... just as Dr. Ivanova, his former therapist, had taught him to do. His breaths were long and shaky, and he didn't want to disturb anyone so he stopped after awhile, lowering his head like a puppy who knew he was in trouble... and he couldn't stop shaking. His hands rested in his lap were beginning to tremble as well.

'Louisiana?! That's really far- what if I never see my mom again? What if some kids disappear? What if Talon disappears? What if- What if- What if-'

At that thought, he felt like crying, but he forcefully bit it back. Just when he thought he was getting used to the facility... they were moving. And he couldn't see Talon because they weren't on the same bus.

He twiddled his thumbs to distract himself and hoped that he wouldn't be alone for long.

Last edited by Michael Courtenay on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Courtenay

Reward Points : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Schram on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 am

Nathanial had packed his bag easily enough, adding the few pictures from Ellen between layers of clothing. If asked, he was going to say that he couldn't be without them, and then proceed to throw a fit if they still took them away. He was certain they'd want people to remain calm, so that should do the trick. At least, he hoped so.

The back of the line moved pretty slow from the impatient boy's point of view. What were they doing? Searching everyone who got on the bus? They'd never get out of here before nightfall if that was the case. Ward A wasn't that big, but it was enough, and these people were taking far to long. He sighed softly, shuffling ahead as the line wound its way towards the doors of the bus.

A few minutes later, minutes that seemed like a lifetime, Nathanial stepped onto the bus. He gave his roommate, Micheal, a wan smile before looking for the blond head he'd been waiting to see. He spotted her about halfway down the bus, and promptly headed back to plunk down in the seat next to her. It was a relief to know that he'd have her company on this trip, and he could feel his tension beginning to dissipate. His duffel was shoved beneath the seat and he picked up her hand and interlaced their fingers.

"Hi." It wasn't much, but it held a wealth of feeling. He'd missed her in the last few days, since he'd been kept busy with classes and therapy. There was a bit of sadness to his voice, he'd managed to sneak out, but not soon enough to allow an actual date with Ellen. Maybe the new place wouldn't be so bad. Either way, Ellen was with him and he was glad of it. Maybe the hell of the bus ride wouldn't be so bad with her around. Provided he didn't see Roscoe.
Nathanial Schram

Reward Points : 123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roscoe Jones on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:34 am

When the news arrived that they would be going to Louisiana (for some it would be the second time, Roscoe thought that they must make a habit of this, hell maybe they got bored every so often and thought a good old uproot would be a good way to shake things up) Roscoe had been very eager to pack up his belongings and get going to their new destination. After all his stay at Green Ridge had been rather uneventful at the most not that he overly minded about that as he was a big lover of peace and quiet. But he would be getting off this godforsaken island and be getting back to the real world and he would be that much closer to his actual home. So all things considered, Roscoe wasn’t complaining about this in the slightest, a rarity for him.

He wondered if he was going to be seeing Nate on this bus since all the A ward students would be all boarded together, not that he expected anything less. Either way he hadn’t seen the young man in quite a while since he came up with the idea to try and sneak out into the town. Of course Roscoe thought the guy was absolutely out of his mind with the idea but in the end he ended up trying it with him in the end and actually succeeding. That had to be by far the most exciting thing that had ended up happening the whole summer to be frank. Either way he was packing up his bags, filling it with his books and clothing and all the other few belongings he managed to fit in there. He wondered if the place they were going to would have more to do than Green Ridge had. He would love a recreation room or an arcade again...

After what seemed like a lifetime finally Roscoe was on the bus. His hazel eyes scanned around vigilantly for a seat and praying that no one would think to try and sit next to him. As he walked through the bus and searched one of his favourite poems sounded through his head In a strange city lying alone... Roscoe recited through his head Far down within the dim West... Roscoe’s eyes fell upon Nate who was sitting in a seat next to the blonde girl he had asked for the drawing. Ellen, the same as his best friend. Roscoe gave a nod to the both of them and slid into an empty row on the other side of them and rolled his head back to lean back on the headrest. It was times like these he longed for some headphones but he would just have to make do with a book or his own head... Where the good and the bad and the worst and the best have gone to their eternal rest. There shrines and palaces and towers... Roscoe closed his eyes and recited more in his head (Time-eaten towers that tremble not!) Resemble nothing that is ours. Around, by lifting winds forgot, resignedly beneath the sky the melancholy waters lie...
Roscoe Jones

Reward Points : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Valdez on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 pm

It appeared that they were going to be moving yet again. Soon enough everyone was going to be leaving Green Ridge and going over to Louisiana. Julie had to admit she was a little frustrated with the move after she just got settled here but she also had to admit she didn’t think the island move was a very clever idea to begin with. Plus she was missing her family and being closer to California would allow her to start rebuilding bridges once she got her sister to stop hating her. Julie was a very efficient packer, she had a separate bag to carry certain things and she carried most of her valuables in her handbag just because she was paranoid enough not to trust the security not to go poking around her belongings. Before she left she made herself some snacks just so she would have something to much on while she travelled as it appeared it was going to be a rather long and tedious ride.

Either way she was all packed up and ready to go and she went to wait out with all the other students as they were all separated and boarded on their separate buses. As she waited she was approached by a young boy who asked her if she would pass a note along to his friend for him and described him as a smallish boy with brown hair who probably looked terrified out of his wits. Julie nodded and said she would if she saw him and decided it would be best that she checked the note before she passed it along just in case it was something that shouldn’t. But it was a harmless note to his friend and seemed more like a way to comfort the boy who appeared to be a little anxious about the move. Julie allowed herself a small smile as she boarded the bus with the students and looked along the seats for a boy who fit the description. At once her bright blue eyes fell upon a boy who was hanging his head and shivering and at once Julie’s heart went out to him. She slid into the seat beside him and gently put a hand on his shoulder “hey, are you alright namorada? Nervous about the trip? Don’t worry it’ll all be over soon, it’ll probably pass like a flash and you won’t even notice,” she tried to soothe him with her voice before it clicked in her mind. This must be Michael, a radiant smile broke out across her features “are you Michael? Well I happen to have something for you that might cheer you up a little, your friend Talon gave me a message to give to you, would you like to see it?” She took the note out of her bag and held it out to the small boy.
Juliette Valdez

Reward Points : 330

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Despite being close to an anxiety attack, Michael offered a small but shaky smile to his roommate Nate as he got on the bus. He had to at least be polite and maybe, just maybe, if he pretended to be calm he’d be calm eventually. It was a far off wish. The second kid he saw come onto the bus didn’t look at him, which was good, because Michael was trembling like a frightened rabbit and, quite frankly, the guy was intimidating… just by appearance. He was really tall and looked like he could take anyone on and end their lives. At that thought, Michael was shaking even more and trying his best to inhale and exhale properly instead of it coming in and out a sputtering, irregular mess.

He was staring at his bouncing knees, thinking and worrying. What was this new facility? He doubted it would be like Green Ridge. He just had a feeling. What would the rules be like there? Would they have different wards according to severity of the case there too? Would they have seclusion cells? Would they try to separate him from Talon?!

Michael’s thoughts were swarming around him like hungry locusts and no matter how many times he’d mentally try to swat them away, they’d keep coming, buzzing around and reminding him of all of the stuff he was anxious about. It was when he was trembling and looking down that a warm, comforting hand touched his shoulder.

Before he looked at who the mysterious nice person was, he put his own shaking, icy hand on hers. He reached across, so he held her hand with his right, which was beyond calloused from pitching nearly his entire life. His bumpy fingers felt her soft hand, and he held it tighter. He didn’t want to let go. He looked into her eyes, his hazel orbs wet with fear and curiosity. He thought her light blue eyes were really pretty. He thought to himself that the kind lady must have been really understanding to not mind his obvious anxiety issues.

He blushed a little as he nodded twice to her question about being nervous, letting go of her hand because he thought that holding on too long was inappropriate- he learned that when he met Andry.

”Don’t worry it’ll all be over soon, it’ll probably pass like a flash and you won’t even notice,”

Michael tried to smile, and he found out that he could. He tried to make it as sincere as it normally was expressed. “I hope so. I’m just really worried. Sometimes, the things I worry about don’t make any sense.”

He thought to himself that his new companion was so genuine and true, willing to help anyone she could and he admired that, but he didn’t say it out loud even though he wanted to. That was exactly what he wanted to do with his life- help people. But for now, he was the one who needed to be helped… mentally, at least. He didn’t know how this was possible, but his new friend reminded him a lot of his mom, like Officer Garcia and Teagan had when he first met them.

His eyes widened in surprise at her next question. “Y-Yes ma’am. How do you know my name?”

”Well I happen to have something for you that might cheer you up a little, your friend Talon gave me a message to give to you, would you like to see it?”

“I-It’s from Talon?” His voice projected surprise and excitement.

He gently took it from her grasp even though he wanted to take it faster and unfolded the piece of paper addressed to him. He read every single word, taking comfort in even recognizing the handwriting, which was distinctly his brother’s.

Hey, Michael,

I just want to make sure you don't get too worried. Even though I'm on a different bus, I'm always with you. Every time my bus passes yours, I'll look out for you to make sure you're okay. I've got Jesse with me, of course, so I know you're always with me. And I've been assured that there will be plenty of rest stops--they don't expect us to do this trip non-stop--and we'll be able to see each other then. Stay strong, little brother. I'll see you as soon as I can.

I don't know if you know this song, but here's the chorus to one of my favorites that I want you to keep in mind:
I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there 'til the end
Can you feel the love that we share?
Oh, I'm already there.

I love you, Michael.

~Talon

A warm smile formed on the small boy’s face again as he held the letter close to his chest. ‘I love you too, Talon.’ He admitted to himself that he felt a lot better.

He turned to his new friend. “Thanks so much.” He meant for delivering the letter, but also for putting her hand on his shoulder- it meant a lot to him.

“I feel better now,” He told her. “Thanks for this. I don’t like being alone much.”

Michael looked at her again, his eyes losing the fear and were now filled with sincerity to mix with the green in his irises. His voice quickened with the stimulating thought that he wanted to get to know her better. “You already know my name, but can I know yours? I’ve never seen you before. What’s your job at the facility? How come you didn’t find my anxiety annoying? I’m just wondering because usually everyone else does-“

He stopped and put a hand over his mouth because he was talking too much and he feared that he irritated his kind new friend. He couldn’t control the amount of questions he asked because he really wanted to know more about her… he knew he’d have to work on that.
Michael Courtenay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Valdez on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 pm

At first the young boy didn’t look at Julie, instead he put a cool hand atop of hers and held onto her hand with his right one. For a young child she thought his skin was surprisingly rough and bumpy as she almost expected his skin to be smooth as a baby’s to fit his childlike image. Though as a young boy he had probably toughened his skin through sport and rough-housing and the like. Julie’s skin was smooth and soft as a whisper, for she hadn’t done much heavy duty work in her life and she moisturized her skin. Michael held on tight to her hand and Julie’s hand wrapped around his and gave it a gentle squeeze to know she was there, it was just a way to soothe him more than anything as he seemed to be very anxious and agitated and she wondered if she could find some way of calming him. Perhaps it was frowned upon to “coddle” the patients as they called it, but she was pretty sure that had most of these kids gotten a lot more hugs and affection than they had, they wouldn’t have as severe issues.

Julie smiled down comfortingly at him as he looked up at her with his large hazel eyes that reminded her so much of Bambi at that point. She watched as the little boy blushed as he let go of her hand and nodded twice to her question of being nervous. The brunette nodded along to his answer “well, we all have our irrational little fears it’s nothing to be ashamed of, just try and think of something to make yourself feel better.” She chewed on her bottom lip softly before continuing “and I could stay with you if you like, if it’ll make you feel better?” She had worked with sick children, but these were bedridden children and she knew that sometimes they just needed someone to be there for them for emotional support and to know that someone was there for them.

A warm smile brightened up her face when he called her ma’am, hearing manners from teenagers was such a rarity nowadays that she was slightly taken by surprise by the title. He asked how she knew his name and then she went on to mentioned the note which caused a notable change in the shaky young boy. He immediately brightened up “yes, he gave it to me right before he boarded his bus,” the boy took the note gently from her grasp and began to read it with hungry eyes. As soon as he was done he hugged the note to his chest and smiled warmly before turning to thank her. Julie bowed her head modestly “you’re welcome querido,” she listened as he explained that he felt much better now and didn’t like being alone. “Good, I’m glad, and don’t worry I don’t plan on going anywhere soon, okay?”

It was then that she was hit by a truckload of questions from the little boy to which Julie’s eyes widened as she tried to keep up and eventually the boy put a hand over his mouth to stop himself from speaking which provoked a soft chuckle from the woman before she reached to gently pull his hand from his face and held it briefly before placing it in his lap. “My name is Nurse Valdez, I’m well... a nurse, you probably haven’t seen me around because I was working at the medical centre instead of the facility and I don’t find you annoying at all, in fact you’re very sweet. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise,” she thought it was polite to return the favour and ask questions of her own as she was also interested in the boy next to her. “So how long have you been at St Christina’s? Were you a Hadley patient?”
Juliette Valdez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellen Underwood on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Ellen wasn't sure how she felt about the idea of going back to Louisiana. That was the state she'd lost her hand in, and while she had no doubt that she'd be safe from hadley's doctors now, there were a lot of bad memories there. Still, they weren't going back to the same campus, it would be another new place, another new beginning. Her...fourth relocation since she was first sent to Hadley. This time though, she wasn't the broken wreck she had been before. Now, she had Nate, and he'd helped her to be strong. Nevah hadn't spoken to her in a while, Ishi was long gone, but Nate, he wasn't going to abandon her.

After the announcement had been made, she'd changed into one of her new dresses, the one she thought Nate liked the most. He seemed to like them all, sometimes she wondered if he even noticed which one she was wearing, but that didn't matter. Wearing them made him happy, and her too, that was what mattered. Smiling, she'd packed light, more drawing supplies than anything else, and when the time came, she'd made her way out with the other ward A girls. The boys would follow them out, or so she heard from the guards, which meant Nate was going to be on the same bus as her, for four whole days. Nothing would make her happier.

The smile didn't leave her face as she took her seat, folding the little table down and setting her small ketchbook on it, along with a pencilcase, to await Nate's arrival. It didn't take long, and though he didn't say much as he say down, he didn't have to. Keeping her false hand in the pocket of her pink hoodie, as always, she leaned over to kiss him. They hadn't been together nearly enough these last few days, the ink he'd left on her skin was fading, and she was hoping the drive would give him a chance to draw on her some more. "Hi." she replied when the kiss broke, beaming at him, her real hand moving towards one of his. Four days together. What could be better than that?
Ellen Underwood

Reward Points : 135

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan King on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Duncan boarded the bus the way a cowboy of old walked into a showdown. His already small eyes narrowed into near non-existence, a measured but confidence mosey, and a look that spoke to outlaw status. Green Ridge hadn't been a good move for Duncan. Circumstances had left the volatile boy feeling miserable, or simply dull on a good day. It was enough that everyone seemed to know to stay the hell away. No one seemed to dare cross his downtrodden path. And that suited him fine, because despite the boredom he really didn't want to get in any trouble for a change. Shake things up as it might he quite simply was not ready to face the Gorgon again.

Bjorgen had actually been a staff member he liked despite the occasional stabbing of a sedative needle into his neck. But Duncan had undeniably fucked any amicability up when he unknowingly tangled with the doctor's daughter in the most sexual of manners. Now had it been any other girl or any other staff member, Duncan wouldn't have seen it as a problem at all. But Fred was different, Dunc had actually liked her. A lot. Enough for him to visit her in the infirmary and feel bad that he couldn't get his hands on some get-well flowers or something. After all, what kind of shlub guy shows up to a cute girl's hospital bed without flowers?

Had Bjorgen not caught them mid-tryst, Duncan probably would have tried to put his best foot forward for Fred's dad. Had they not been at Hadley at the time he would have combed his hair, shook the guys had, talked football. All the things that dad's liked in Duncan's vast experience. But that was a different time, a different place, and reality was disastrous enough to give Duncan a flooring punch to the kidneys and have Fred whisked off never to be seen again. But now, as the hurt feelings finally started to dim he was told they were moving back to Louisiana. Back before Fred Pace had sauntered into his life and turned every last thing on it's head. Back to a place a little closer to his Alabama home and a little closer to normal.

A smallish backpack was tossed over one shoulder. Despite it being just a hint smaller than average it looked down right dwarfen on the boy's broad back. Inside a candy bar, a couple apples, a book (the biography of Joe DiMaggio, the closest thing to interesting that Duncan found in St. Christina's), a notebook and a few pens. Maybe he'd convince someone to play hangman with him or something. It would be a long ride otherwise. Someone was clogging up with aisle...

"You gonna move or what?"
Duncan King

Reward Points : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Schram on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Her kiss was sweet and light, and thankfully, getting better. Slowly, Nate had been coaching her in kissing etiquette and how he liked it, as well as trying to figure out what she liked. It was a long, laborious process, but it was paying off and Nate was grateful. The first kisses he'd shared with Ellen were rather nasty, but things were looking up. He smiled at her, touching her nose lightly with a fingertip, then laced his fingers with hers. This was nice. Perhaps this ride wouldn't be so bad....

That thought was abruptly cut off when Roscoe sat down across the very small aisle. The walls of the bus closed in around Nate, and his free hand fisted on his thigh. He wasn't aware of squeezing Ellen's hand, but he was surely doing it as the dark brown eyes of the OCD boy locked onto his former roommate and escape partner. The tip of a pink tongue slid out to wet suddenly dry lips and he shifted in the uncomfortable seat. Roscoe's presence was causing all sorts of trouble for Nate, and he wasn't sure how to stop it.

Visions flashed before his eyes and Nate stifled a groan. He looked around wildly and found Ellen's pens on her small table. He grabbed one and pulled up the sleeve of the god-awful hoodie she always wore, pressing tip to skin and beginning to draw. He wasn't being as gentle as normal, and his drawings weren't as fluid. This was all slashing lines and drooling blood, if it wasn't all in black, some might wonder if she was actually cut. Nate continued to draw, and when he ran out of bare skin on the inside of her arm, he flipped her arm over and started over.

Briefly, he looked up, the brown orbs glazed over and slightly unfocused. There was something very wrong with Nathanial, and although he knew he might be hurting Ellen with how hard he was pushing, he didn't know how to stop. There was an anguished look on his face, as if he was torn, as if he was hoping someone would come and stop him.
Nathanial Schram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Bjorgen on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:55 pm

And luckily for Nathaniel Schram, that 'someone' was just boarding the bus, behind the last of the patients and staff. Since this was his show, he wasn't leaving his dogs to be carted around in some airplane cargo space, and instead they followed at his heels and crowded into the front row of the bus with him. Carl deigned to drape himself across the floor where Bjorgen's feet would go, while Sigmund was allowed the rare treat of occupying the passenger seat next to the window, onto which he immediately began to smear nose prints and drool. These dogs were all that was left of Bjorgen's happy home now, it seemed. he had no-one to blame but himself either. Perhaps he was just a self defeating idiot. The jury was still out on exactly why Bjorgen had flaked at the last moment and driven them all away, but what was certain was that he had been in the most unpleasant of moods for the days since. he hadn't been seen around the psychiatric facility much, too busy organising this move, and now that he had reemerged, his arm still in a sling, he looked downright tempestuous. His brow was a gathering storm cloud, warning of destruction should one single person step out of line.

He stood at the front of the bus as it swayed out of the parking lot, his good hand on the back of his seat to steady himself. His eyes tracked down the rows, taking a mental tally of who was where and sitting with whom. His mental prowess was not in the least effected presently, but then that could have been the last line of coke he'd done some half hour before heading for the coaches. He felt as sharp as knapped flint. For now. Inevitably, nearing the back of the bus, his gaze found Nathaniel and it didn't take a student of microexpressions to understand the look on his face. His hand began to move from the back of one chair to the next as he wove down the centre aisle, offering a subtly threatening gaze to each student he passed. Anyone who'd known Bjorgen for a while, and attended his therapy sessions, might be fully aware that his breast pocket was loaded with sedatives. And not GR sedatives. He wouldn't abide by any mistakes now. This was the real deal, guaranteed to knock a hysterical patient out for a good long while.

As he neared the row in question, his expression was glacial, but mostly blank. This was the brick wall Bjorgen that many patients had probably come to know and fear over the years. That light and easiness that had been about him during the first months at Green Ridge had been snuffed out, along with any sense of mercy he'd fostered. His good hand clasped the back of the chair in front of the boy and he stared down at him, watching the pen move for a second before darting his eyes back to the boy's face.

"Stop. Now." He could have said more, could have reasoned, could have asked what the problem was. But he didn't feel like it. Empathy and compassion had seemed to desert him right around the time he'd chased Eleanor out of his home with the cruelest and most poisonous words he could muster. He'd felt threatened perhaps, angry and defensive after she'd found a small stash of his. Naturally she'd been upset, and at first he'd tried to reason that it was for the pain, that the percoset wasn't taking the edge off enough. When that hadn't worked, he abandoned hope and fallen back on the only method of self preservation he knew. Cruelty and distancing. And now he was alone again. Winifred, who had frequently reminded him that he wasn't her father and had no right to tell her what to do -since he hadn't been there- had been shipped back to a facility near to her mother's house. If she didn't want anything to do with him, as she said, then she could have her wish. Even if he knew it was a lie. As for Galina, she had been shown some mercy at least, and had been packed off with a weak smile and a hug, to a vocational school not far from where they would be in Louisiana. She was to undergo a crash course in academics and speech, accompanied by her many stuffed animals and assurances that Bjorgen would visit, and skin anyone who touched a hair on her head. Now it was just the doctor and his two dogs. Well, they and Bjorgen's particular and pervasive brand of bitter misery. As such, his gaze suggested that Nathaniel comply with his demands. Steadying his feet, he held out a hand for the pens from both of them.

"Give me your pens and pencils, or I'll be forced to separate you for the remainder of the journey."

Gunner Bjorgen

Reward Points : 467

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellen Underwood on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Though Ellen shifted a little as Nate squeezed her hand, she didn't say anything. He was hurting her, but he didn't mean it. He couldn't, he wasn't the sort of person who'd do that on purpose. If he was going to hurt her and mean it, it certainly wouldn't be like this, it'd be something she'd remember for a very long time. No, this had to be some kind of stress. "Nate?" she squeaked as he stared across at the boy who's name she'd forgotten, the one she'd drawn for once before. "Nate, what's wrong?" she continued, her voice quiet, and an edge of worry clear in it.

As he grabbed her arm and started to draw, she squeaked in surprise. this wasn't like him, and what he was drawing was so...different. "Nate, please, talk to me." she added, souding ever more worried, and tyring not to look at what was on her arm. She'd been hoping he'd just draw the spirals and patters again, maybe over her legs too if they could get away with it, not for this kind of thing. Still, if it helped him to get over whatever was going on in his head, she wasn't going to object, she could only hope that in theprocess he wasn't going to expose her prostetic, or worse.

Bjorgen wasn't the kind of worse that she'd extected, and as he spoke, another squeak escaped her lips. For the first time since the two of them had started their relationship, Ellen actually tried to pull her arm away from Nate's pen, her eyes on the doctor. "Pleae Doctor, can I keep one pencil? I was going to draw on the drive so I have something to do..." she mumbles, reaching for her pencilcase to offer to him, with every intention of handing him the assortment of drawing supplies she had in her travel bag as well. he was Bjorgen, she wasn't stupid enough to try and trick him, she wanted to keep her remaining hand after all...
Ellen Underwood

Reward Points : 135

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathanial Schram on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:49 am

The glacial words cut through the frantic haze that Nathanial had been locked in. Ellen's words had bounced off of it, as effective as a mosquito attacking a light bulb. When the haze cleared and he could see what he'd done, he was astounded and a bit frightened of himself. Shaking, he handed the lone pen in his grasp to the man standing before him, and then focused his gaze on the floor.

This was a disaster, and it was all his fault. He tried to hard to keep the impulses at bay, and while he knew that he only drew on Ellen, he could see the marks from his fingers where he'd held her arm still. His hands came up to hide his face, and the trembling started. He'd hurt her. He'd given in to his stupid thoughts and visions and done the worst thing he could do. And he'd gotten her drawing supplies taken away. Ellen would never forgive him.

He had to get away from her and Roscoe. It was the only way he was going to survive this trip. At least, for now. Until he was under control. Until things were calmer. Until he was sure he wouldn't harm Ellen.

"May I move to another seat?" He didn't want to hurt Ellen by asking, but surely she would understand. He had to be away until he could get himself back under control. He'd allow the doctor to do whatever he wanted as long as Ellen and Roscoe weren't in harm's way. Which meant they needed to be away from him.
Nathanial Schram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Courtenay on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

The kind lady's hand was so soft, another similarity between her and his mother. Michael's left hand was comparable to the texture of hers, although not as moisturized- that was the hand that was covered by the glove when he played baseball, after all... so it was always protected. He was a right-handed pitcher, so naturally, his right hand was calloused and a bit marred because of how dedicated he was- he was told time and time again by Alan and his coach to lower his pitch count or he would injure himself. He did twice, but he wouldn't listen. He was afraid he'd lose accuracy and all of Alan's hard work had been for nothing. (He ignored his own effort purposely.)

He felt her hand squeeze his gently and he felt a bit better than before. Once he looked at her, he took in the whole picture- she was quite pretty, with long brown hair and piercing blue eyes. She smiled warmly at him and the corners of his mouth formed a bit of a sheepish grin, not a whole-hearted one. He wanted to show her he appreciated her efforts to comfort him. But he did smile at the idea at her comment that everyone had irrational fears- he wasn't alone in that regard.

When she told him to think of something to make him feel better, Michael thought of Talon on a reflex. He didn't even have to think about it for more than a split second. Talon was, quite honestly, the most important person in the world to him. He was his brother, and Michael was his. They needed each other, and in a way, they mended the years of emptiness that they felt in their childhoods... Talon wanted a younger brother, Michael wanted an older one. He knew Talon's childhood was nothing short of horrific, and he could do nothing to fix it, but he hoped with everything in him that he'd made Talon's present and future better.

"O-Okay," He said quietly and politely to the idea of joining him, internally cursing his stutter. "I'd like that."

Michael was ecstatic that he wouldn't be alone the entire bus ride. He noticed her reaction, half-disbelieving and half-pleasing, to him calling her "ma'am" and didn't think it was anything special. That's just how his mother raised him.

Talon's note made him feel tons better, though. He was reminded that Talon would always be there, no matter where he was in the world. And he felt so fulfilled knowing that he was cared about and loved like that. After his mother gave him up to the Michigan foster system, the whole 'familial love' subject was very confusing... as he was still fiddling around with the idea that she abandoned him. But he had Talon. And for now, he had a friend to focus on.

His head tilted to the side curiously at two words in a foreign language spoken by the woman that he did not recognize. His question, like most of his questions, was an innocent one: "What language is that?"

Michael smiled in response to her reassurance- she was so genuine. He thought that if there were more people like her in the world, there would be peace. "Thanks."

He was embarrassed at his million-questions-in-one-moment habit, but in the process he learned her name and that she was a nurse. He was glad he knew more about her now. He blushed when Nurse Valdez called him sweet, and thought it over. Everyone else who thought 'otherwise' really didn't know him well enough, namely the majority of the students in Graveraft Middle School. He was pretty much defined by his anxiety and labeled a freak to almost everyone outside of the baseball team, but he didn't mind. He had friends until what happened in May, and besides, he had friends in the facility who saw him for who he really was. Maybe this move to the new facility would give him a fresh start. Maybe that's what he needed.

He shook his head to her question. "No, I came here two months ago, so I've only been to St. Christina's. I know a lot of people who are from Hadley, though- like Talon. Oh! I never told you how I met Talon. So, I was wandering around on my first day and I couldn't control my impulse to organize a bookshelf and he met me there and we started talking. And... I don't really know how to explain it properly, but it was as if we both realized that we were the ones we were missing our entire lives- we called ourselves brothers from that day on."

He couldn't help himself from smiling after he said that. "Do you have any siblings?"

Michael couldn't help but notice that Dr. Bjorgen in all of his frightening gloriousness had boarded the bus... with two really cute looking dobermans! His face brightened because he loved dogs, but he decided against telling that to the facility administrator. He looked especially cross and Michael didn't want to be sedated. He'd seen people get sedated in other hospitals, and that was scary enough.
Michael Courtenay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Valdez on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:17 am

There was something about the size and helplessness in the boy’s eyes and manner that reached down into Julie’s core and wanted to make her mother him. She didn’t know what it was but she supposed it was secretly ingrained in most women, that motherly instinct, that need to protect the young and the helpless from anything, to cuddle them and to rip apart anything that may post a threat to them. Julie liked to think of herself as a pacifist and completely incapable of causing someone else any physical harm, but she hated it when anyone bullied anyone that was younger and weaker than them just because they could. Julie had been around bullies and she had been abused and while she had reached the point where it truly didn’t matter what people did to her, she did care about others enough to make up for it. If you really wanted to get to Julie you just had to hurt someone you cared about, she was weak and passive enough that she would probably take any personal attack to herself.

Michael managed a sheepish smile back at her smile and Julie was glad that she had made him smile. Smiling had a way of being contagious and especially when someone had a nice smile, she couldn’t help but smile back to it. “There we are, I got you smiling, smiling always makes me feel better and you have a lovely smile and should show it more often.” While she didn’t really know the special bond that Talon and Michael shared Julie knew what it was like to have a little sister, even though that relationship hadn’t always been a very positive one... well most of the time it wasn’t positive, her sister had been an angry child and an angry woman, growing up not being able to measure up to Julie in her father’s eyes and so she would bully Julie for it. When Julie got pregnant and fell from her state of grace her sister had been there for her, in her own way, being blunt was probably just how Marisa was and she had always protected Julie when it came down to it, even when Julie failed to protect her.

Julie nodded softly at the boy and smiled slightly before reaching into her bag and bringing out a container “would you like a cupcake?” She opened the lid and presented him with the still warm cupcakes with pink icing coated on them. She had made them for herself but she didn’t mind sharing of course, plus it was going to be a long ride. The woman took one out of her container and took a small bite out of it and chewed softly when he asked what language she had been speaking. “Oh, Portuguese, I’m Brazilian you see... sounds close to Spanish since their languages are very similar, I was calling you dear and sweetheart,” she bowed her head slowly “I pet name children sometimes, old habit.” She also slipped into her mother tongue when speaking to her mother and used to around her father.

The brunette listened intently to Michael explaining how he had only been here two months but he knew people who had come from Hadley. Then he went on to explain how he had met Talon and how they had come to refer to themselves as brothers from that point on. Another warm smile came to Julie’s face “I think that’s really sweet, it’s good to have someone else, when you’re lonely, someone to talk to and fall back on and know that you can depend on.” Who could Julie depend on? For a long time she didn’t really have anyone she could fully depend on and fall back on, which was terrifying to her since she was a person that tended to need someone to guide her for she hated making decisions for herself. Truthfully the only act of defiance she ever had was wanting to keep her child... Julie was brought out of her thoughts by another question from Talon, the woman nodded lightly. “I have a little sister Marisa, we... aren’t really getting along right now you see, we had a bit of a falling out,”

Blue eyes darted over to Bjorgen boarding the bus and she couldn’t help but feel a sudden urge to take a few more bites out of her cupcake to have something to chew on. She watched his exchange with the teenage boy and girl who had likely been misbehaving on the bus beforehand and she had to admit that he was impressive. He demanded authority and total respect from everyone and he would most likely get it, something that Julie had never been able to do for herself.
Juliette Valdez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum