Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

It finally happened

2 posters

Go down

It finally happened Empty It finally happened

Post by Nevaeh Valentine Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:29 am

Name:Lindi
Chatango:Lindisrose
Characters: Niall Young, Hope Lysander, Evan Jennings, Quinn Strickland, Nevaeh Valentine, Leslie Nakhimov

Dates:16 August – 31 August 2011
Reason: Yeah....you all knew this was coming...I've done tones of computer related LOA's in the past...well it was a Saturday night and I kinda had it,m the damn thing was corrupting ubuntu AGAIN so I gave my laptop a round of....percussive maintenance...

And then it shut off without my consent.
So I tried to restart. OS was nommed, no problem, I grabbed my ubuntu disk and started the process of reloading the OS on the hard drive. it was slow, incredibly slow, ad each time it told me the OS Load failed for 2-3 different computer bullshit reasons....then after retry number 6 it told me the hard drive was faulty. I tried to reload twice more and that was the constant issue.

Two cracked open laptops a snootful of dust and annoyance later....I have 2 broken laptops (the first one has a busted screen, not my fault.) and no working computer.

My options are three-fold:
Get a new computer,
Get a new harddrive ($50 for a 250gb hd)and attempt to use the same shite computer and then save the harddrive for myself and destroy the deamon computer when I no longer need it...
or
Accept that these next two semester are going to suck extreme balls.

Wow, apologies for that essay but I figured at least some of you would be interested. Razz
Anyway if I'm not back by September.....I'll be updating this with a list of characters to be dropped. >_>
Nevaeh Valentine
Nevaeh Valentine

Reward Points : 1039

Back to top Go down

It finally happened Empty Re: It finally happened

Post by Mod Kels Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm

-sends rad tech vibes your way, crosses fingers-
Mod Kels
Mod Kels

Reward Points : 289

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: