Suffer The Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Word Counter

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

All things bright and squeaky

Go down

All things bright and squeaky Empty All things bright and squeaky

Post by Laura Moreno Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Without Karl and Emily around to run the place, Laura felt the island's little pet store just wouldn't be the same, ever again. She had no idea what had happened to the old shopkeeper, as dangerously thin as he was, maybe he'd finally gone off somewhere to get the help he needed? She hoped he hadn't been committed to Saint Christina's, like (almost) everyone else on the island, he deserved better than that. Maybe he'd gone home, to be with his family, and to get his help off with them? Whatever the reason for his disappearance, it had to be nicer than what had happened to the blonde girl who worked here. Shot in the leg, and for what? From what Laura had heard, it was nothing but a curfew violation! What kind of psychos had the new institute been hiring? They'd been stupid enough to shoot Bjorgen though, so one thing was certain, she wasn't going to be doing anything like that, ever again. Laura would be amazed if the woman responsible was even able to feed herself by now, and more than a little happy she wasn't working in the institute's infirmary anymore. In the hospital, she got to help look after Emily, not June.

Stepping into the store, Laura took a look around, finding the place cold and much less friendly than it had been before. There was no blonde girl here to greet her, with a lizard perched on her shoulder, nor was there Karl, the painfully thin owner, with his sugar gliders or whichever of his multitude of exotic pets he had out today, the place was far more...ordinary than Laura had ever seen it. That was going to take a lot of getting used to, though she wasn't entirely sure if she even wanted to. Those two were a big loss to this place, and while she wouldn't be surprised to see Emily come back to work, eventually, she doubted she'd ever see Karl again. With a quiet sigh, she picked up a basket and wandered into the aisles.

The boring stuff came first, just cat and dog food for Eve and Indy, but soon, she was on to much more interesting things. Pet toys! If there was one thing GR's pet store had in abundance, it was those. There were more brightly coloured, jingly, squeaky and otherwise fascinating playthings in here than even the island's toystore could manage, she was sure of that one! Which ones to buy though? The last time she'd done this, she'd bought half the cat toys in the shop, and that had been back in New York, what was she going to do here? Smiling, she took a step back from the shelf, not noticing there was someone behind her until she walked into them...
Laura Moreno
Laura Moreno

Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down

All things bright and squeaky Empty Re: All things bright and squeaky

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:10 pm

The town itself was nice enough; it had a small town type feel, almost to it and was very different than New York. However, Basha had mostly kept to herself since arriving. She wasn’t unfriendly about it and would say hello to anyone who said it to her but she was not going out of her way to socialize either. She had seen Julie that day in the bar and then, well, Basha wasn’t sure what to really tell her friend about what had been going on with her. Why she left New York and what had happened beyond her brother’s suicide.

The move had been to get away from her penthouse and New York in general, to try to get away from the nightmares of that night. While she had succeeded in the first to, the last one, while not as bad, there seemed to be no real end to those. The thoughts had crossed her mind of seeing a therapist or going to a support group but the woman didn’t want to talk about it.

There was work and getting her new home ready, so between the two, the brunette had kept herself busy. The library was nice enough to work in, she supposed. Though her main problem was she had worked so hard on unpacking that it was now done. Every bowl and plate was in its right place, every book on its correct shelve. Now what to do when she had the rest of the day left to herself..

The woman had thought about getting a pet something to help fill some of the quiet of this house. She was rather unsure as to what she wanted though. A dog would be nice but perhaps too much responsibility for right now. Something else but what? On her travels around the island she recalled passing a pet store, that seemed like a good start to deciding. The woman got ready and headed out.

Everything was easy enough to walk to and the weather not bad so that is what she did. From her home the pet store didn’t really take that long to get to. The bell above the door jingled as she went inside. A salesperson asked if she needed help but Basha was just looking. She wandered around looking at the different animals for sale and stopped in front of the kittens, an idea perhaps. The woman got so interested in looking at the kittens play that she didn’t see the woman who was about to run into her into it was too late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Moreno Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Tilting her head to the side a little, Laura paused her backwards movement, reaching out for a small catnip mouse she thought Eve might like. Smiling, she dropped that into the basket, wondering just what was going to happen when she introduced her little white cat to something like that. It would be entertaining, that was for sure, she just hoped the little kitten wouldn't end up doing something really silly and hurting herself somehow. It wasn't very likely, but then, it wasn't very likely that she'd get herself wedged into quite as many places as she seemed to end up, a new one almost every day!

Smiling, she stepped back again, and it was then that she collided with the woman behind her. Turning around, looking surprised and trying not to blush, it was a pretty embarrassing thing to do after all, she quickly set her basket down and focussed her attention on the librarian. She had no idea who the woman was of course, she wasn't a Hadley transfer and Laura hadn't actually been into the island's library yet. "Are you alright?" she asked, taking a step back away from her, this time looking first so she didn't wind up bumping into anyone else. When did she get this clumsy?

"I'm Laura, I'm one of the nurses at the hospital." she continued, giving a small smile. "Are you okay?" she repeated, glancing towards what the woman had been looking at before they bumped, and smiling again. "Awwwwww, aren't they cute?" she asked, eyes on the kittens, already wondering if she should get Eve a friend. probably not, it was going to be hard enough to make her calm down around the dog, let alone a new kitten who didn't even know her. More pets could wait until she and Tracy...had things sorted out properly. She had no idea when that might be, or even what they needed to sort out, so it was probably for the best.
Laura Moreno
Laura Moreno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Bea was run into but not knocked over and fortunately she wasn’t carrying anything to fall out of her hands. Her eyes looked up to see who had bumped into her and heard the question. Though a momentary being shaken up was really all that had happened. Basha nodded. “Yes, I’m fine. Thanks.” She didn’t know the woman who had run into her but she didn’t really know a lot of people so that wasn’t surprising.

Laura, Bea heard the name and a nurse. ”Yes, no damage done.” She smiled. ”I’m Basha, I’m a librarian at the town library.” Not sure why she added the last part other than something to say. She didn’t know why as usually she introduced herself as Bea but lately she had been introducing herself as Basha. It was something that started after her brother died; as if her nickname would people too much insight into her or something. Which wasn’t true and the woman knew it, so, she just wasn’t sure why it was that way. Bea nodded with a smile as she looked back towards the window. ”Yes, they are.” The kittens did look adorable playing there behind the glass; it actually made Bea want to get more than two.

She couldn’t help but glance at what Laura had in her basket. It looked as if the woman might own a pet or two maybe she would be able to give some advice. ”It looks like you own some pets?” She asked and then wondered if maybe it wasn’t a little too intrusive…nah she was just asking about her pets not her life story. . I’m thinking about getting one or maybe two. To be honest though I’ve never owned a cat so I’m debating if they’d be a good fit.” She shrugged, the woman really wanted a pet but was uncertain about what to get but she had always wanted a kitten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Moreno Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 pm

"You sure?" Laura asked, giving the woman a small smile. She clearly was, but it couldn't hurt to show an interest. "It's nice to meet you Basha." she continued, still smiling. "I haven't had the chance to go there yet myself, so I guess that's why I didn't recognise you." she added, her smile turning a little apologetic. She'd pop in sooner or later for a chat if nothing else, unless she could think of an excuse to go rummage through the books. Maybe they had some of the trashy romance novels that had kept her amused through the long night shifts at Hadley? her nursing team here was much smaller, she'd probably have a lot more nights to work now, she'd need them.

"I do, yeah. I have an adorable little white kitten. Her name's Eve, she needs all these toys to keep her busy while I'm at work." she joked, picking up a couple more feathery, jingly cat toys and dropping them into her basket. "Can't have her ripping up all the furniture." she added with a small nod, eyeing the scratching posts. She'd need a new one soon, Eve had wrecked the last one she'd been given, and already Laura was considering the larger, more interesting ones. Sure, eve would rip them apart too, but at least they might keep her occupied for a while. She really wished the poor thing could go outside, but in an apartment, that wasn't always easy.

"Cats are really good, I think two is better than one though." she continued, looking to the kittens again. "Eve keeps me company after work, but she's lonely when she's on her own. I always feel really guilty when I get home, but I think she knows that and plays to it." she added, smiling and shaking her head. "Cats are smart enough to look after themselves while you're out, and they don't need to be walked of an evening like a dog would, I think they're a better pet if you work weird hours like I do." she continued. "My...partner has a dog though, dogs are good too." she continued, smiling, though she'd avoided outing herself for the moment. She didn't know how the librarian would react to that one.
Laura Moreno
Laura Moreno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down