[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 am
Statistics
We have 54 registered users
The newest registered user is kaylmarn

Our users have posted a total of 1892 messages in 473 subjects
AFFILIATES

Listed At:
RPGCollection RPG-Directory Seductive Supernatural Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion. Blank Pages The GLITTER Web Directory
Affiliates:
Shelpey Alley Bittersweet Forever Nuages du Monde GATHERING SOULS HL2 The Hammel Institute Souls on Fire Mystical Realms Role Playing Chat * Action * Fantasy * Historical Fiction * Horror * Sci Fi * Steampunk * Western Bonsoir

Time After Time (Room A1 - Open)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Time After Time (Room A1 - Open)

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 am

"Yeah, and suckerpunching me out of the blue was real noble of you... shut up."

A little sarcastic snort was sent in the new girl's direction. Honestly at this point Tara would rather lick a stray dog's rear end then ever so much as look at Emily again. Never mind fight her. The girl was a brainwashed little piece of trash and if she never had the backbone and smarts to snap out of it like Tara had then there wasn't much point to her breathing. She was that stupid. Tara Anne made up her mind to disregaurd her permanently, turning her face away. Emily was lucky at this point. Lucky that Tara wasn't into people that hit back. She was a giver, strictly.

Tara Anne had been casting a smile in her new friend's direction. She was sticking up for her and were she honest, Tara would remark that she couldn't quite recall the last time something like that happened to her. Maybe had she actually gone to court before being whisked off to Hadley someone would have done so. Dr Fawn or David maybe? Taking the stand as a character witness. Or even to speak to her damaged mental state and her traumatic past. But even then, she highly doubted that something like that would ever save her. More and more it seemed that in some horrible twist of fate her father was right all along. Perhaps she was just evil. Maybe demons were real and one was living quite comfortably in her chest. Complete with a HD tv and a lazy boy recliner.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Tara Anne snapped, whipping her head around to look at the guard again. Anger on her face again, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Is that the cool thing now? Making fun of sixteen year olds with compulsion disorders? I have Trich, of course, they fucking shaved my head. They should have done it a month ago, but I guess no one cared enough to notice I was wearing a knit beanie in the summer. All because people like you and that stupid school took me off my meds that actually worked. So don't you get all high and mighty on me with your Dr. Seuss "You know I know" bullshit unless you're got your facts straight." With that she headed for the door. She certainly wasn't scared of this woman and she was coming along even if it wasn't quietly. Marching over she held it open with a 'let's go already' look to her face. Honestly Tara might have actually been thankful to the woman if this whole mess had been a bit quieter but some things just couldn't be unsaid. Right now Christiana had the words 'bully' stamped across her forehead in Tara Anne's mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily Redd on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 pm

“The noise I made as I charged you should have been enough for you to catch onto my attack and dodge it or reverse it” Emily said angrily in response to Tara’s attack on her nobility. ”you on the other hand launched a silent attack from behind while I was focused on a different opponent “she added as if that made the difference between the two of them clear, which in Emily’s mind it did. Emily was about to respond again when she felt the woman’s legs move off of her own and her hand reached for her own bound ones.

Emily felt a slight pain in her wrists as the woman hauled her to her feet though it was small enough to shrug off with little effort. While being pulled to her feet; Emily heard the woman said that fighting was now off of the rules. She sighed at that knowledge “too bad” she said in reply, opting not to say anything about training, in case the woman bans that too. To lose the ability to train was at least in Emily’s mind an unthinkable outcome, to take that away would remove the last sense of worth she had as a warrior and would leave her with nothing.

Emily then heard the other girl plead with the woman not to hurt Tara and give her explanation of the event to the woman. She was about to tell her that it was too late for that and they were all going to face great pain when the woman spoke again. When she said she wasn’t going to hurt any of them Emily was confused. “You are not going to hurt me?”She asked with the confusion clearly evident in her words” then why take me captive? Surely even fallen know that a captive is enjoyed best in agony...and yes I am Emily”

Soon after saying that Emily’s mind recalled the sound of lashing whips and screaming children. She recalled the contorted faces of her failed brothers and sisters as they suffered the first bite of the whip in punishment. Though the cult and by extension Emily considered this just, she could still not shake the feeling of dread and nausea she felt every time she saw this happen. Emily wretched a couple of times as the fading screams of her memories passed. Emily shook her head to clear it when she heard the woman say that someone’s nose was broken.

Emily wondered to herself whose nose was broken for second before recalling the pain and blood emanating from her own and realised it was hers. ”Setting. What is that?”Emily asked in a much more quiet and slightly fearful and disturbed tone. Emily usually sank into herself whenever she attended or remembered one of those brutal events; however she could not do that here and so she is forced to show her fear and weakness to those gathered around her. ”can we go now?”She added hoping to end this whole situation now.

Emily Redd

Reward Points : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellen Underwood on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Ellen stayed quiet until Christian spoke to her again, glaring at Emily the whole time. When the guard responded though, her gaze flicked back to the woman. "So what was she supposed to do?" she asked. "What is anyone supposed to do if their roommate attacks them? By the time you show up, they could be dead. Do you think she wouldn't have killed us both if Tara didn't defend herself?2 she continued, frowning at the guard. If she'd have known this was going to happen, she'd have shut the door and let Tara beat Emily into paste, it would have ended much better for all of them. As it was, she had a horrible feeling she was going to be responsible for getting the girl she'd tried to make friends with sent to iso on the first day they'd met.

"If Tara is going to get in trouble, then I should too." Ellen continued, glancing to her friend. "I'm not going to bother getting you people to help the next time Emily attacks us if this is how you treat victims. We'll sort things out on our own." she added, looking down. She'd be useless for that, she knew, but Tara wouldn't, right? Maybe Ellen could even get lucky and stab her hook into Emily's eye, if things really got bad, she just hoped it wouldn't come to that. "What are you going to do with us?" she asked, moving to stand beside Tara, even thinking about taking her hand. She didn't, but she was thinking about it, and the thought was what counted, right?

Pushing the door open and holing it for Tara, but not the rest, Ellen tried not to frown too much. "I'm really sorry about this, I thought she was going to help. If I knew she was going to be such an idiot I'd have tried to help you instead of just running away. I'm really sorry." she continued, head bowed. She'd probably just managed to make an enemy of her roommate, even if they did manage to get rid of Emily, that was going to make the rest of her stay here problematic. She didn't want any enemies, especially not ones she shared a room with, and now she was sure she'd ended up with two, plus the guard. What a great start this was turning out to be.
Ellen Underwood

Reward Points : 135

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christiana Keeble on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Christiana sighed. She should have remembered that she was dealing with Ward A patients here, and clearly they weren't going to react to her presence like normal people. But she hadn't, and now the two that hadn't previously been a problem were angry with her and the one she had had to restrain was docile, even frightened. She gave up trying to understand what was going on and focused on dealing with it.

"Okay, let's slow down for a second here," she said firmly. "Tara Anne, you misunderstood what I said. I meant that I knew it wasn't your decision to shave your head--that one of the other security officers did it as a punishment on the way here--and even if you believe that it's sinful to cut one's hair, you weren't the one who sinned. I apologize for the misunderstanding, but you need to calm down, please."

Turning to Ellen, she added, "Honey, fighting is against the rules. Period. There are other ways of defending yourself than hitting back. I realize that Hadley wasn't exactly big on teaching people that because the administration would like to have believed that there wouldn't be any fighting at all because they could magically fix it all, but the fact remains, Tara Anne could have defended herself without breaking Emily's nose. You're not getting in trouble, necessarily--you or Tara Anne--but I need you both to come with me to get your statements. Okay?"

Finally, she told Emily, "No, I'm not going to hurt you. That's not how we do things here. My only concern at the moment is making sure you three don't hurt each other. Believe me, I don't enjoy taking people 'captive' any more than you enjoy being one." She softened slightly at Emily's terrified-sounding question. "Setting just means putting your bones back into place. It might hurt a little bit, but believe me, it will hurt a lot less than it being constantly broken."

To all three girls, she completed her little speech. "I will do everything that is in my power to make sure something like this doesn't happen again, even if that means moving Emily to a different room." By herself, she thought but didn't say. Not to punish her by putting her in iso, but to protect others from her, and probably protect her too. "Now let's go, please."
Christiana Keeble

Reward Points : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 am

"Let's just go already, this is getting ridiculous."

She said it in a grumble as Christiana Keeble rushed to clarify. She just wanted to get this over with already. The anger and dying adrenaline sitting in her stomach was stewing and honestly making her feel a little ill. She wanted this conversation, this stupidity to be over. Tara Anne would be quite happy to have them all her off to isolation at this point. At least it would be quiet there. Silent and solitary. A little time there and this overwhelming urge to cuff both the guard and this idiot named Emily would subside. Right now, Tara Anne did everything she could to simply fantasized about beating them both until they stopped talking, instead of actually acting upon it.

Tara wasn't stupid, against all odds she actually thought herself fairly smart. Street smart anyways, even if she'd missed the proper book learning she ought to have. She knew in her mind that hair was in no way connected to sin. It had been preached to her from the moment she had hair, but like much of what was preached she could see the reality now. Some preaching was made of lies. Plain and simple as that. Still, that didn't stop her from feeling like utter shit every time she saw her reflection. No matter how much she insisted to herself that it was the psychotic ramblings of men on power trips, that never stop her from feeling guilty, wrong, and worthless. Knowledge of the truth, telling herself she shouldn't feel bad. It was all logical, nonsensical. But the heart and it's emotions weren't either. So to hear someone confirming yet again the awful feelings she found in her soul. The blind rage came calling all too naturally.

"Stop apologizing," she insisted to Ellen. Her teeth still set on edge. Grinding a little between speech. Her arms folded over her chest with one hand, up and pulling at her eyebrow hairs still. "Honestly, you did everything right... which is better than me most days..." Tara Anne glanced back in the direction of Emily and Christiana as they came to their first stop. Pressing her lips together tight in distant. She turned an offered Ellen a low whisper. The anger in her still obvious.

"I hope her nose heals crooked."

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily Redd on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Emily listened in amazement as the woman told the other girl that actual fighting wasn’t the only way to defend her. Her mind puzzled over these words. So is it possible that the fallen have somehow managed to develop a technique rivalling hand to hand fighting she thought as a small internal struggle between her long dead curiosity and her warrior training clashed momentarily. Her eyes showed nothing but her face was screwed up in concentration as she thought over this info. After a few seconds both her curiosity and warrior training arrived at the same conclusion. Emily decided she was going to find out if they had a different way of fighting and if so she was going to try and learn it.

Emily’s mind returned to the waking world just in time for her to hear the woman tell her that she was not going to hurt her and surprisingly at least to her, that the woman didn’t enjoy taking prisoners. The woman spoke again and explained what setting meant. ”I see “Emily said with the empty tone back in her voice. Pain was an old friend to Emily as it was for all defenders of the order. Emily lost count years ago how many times she awoke to find her body burning in protest to the running or when she lost a fight with another order member.

The woman had not yet finished speaking and stated that she will do anything she could to stop any future encounter between Emily and Tara or the other girl. This slightly annoyed Emily as she had hoped to eventually meet Tara and fight her again. Emily had plans in her mind to repay Tara for the attack from behind should she get the chance. A ghost of a smile appeared on her face at such thoughts

Emily Redd

Reward Points : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellen Underwood on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:14 pm

"How?" Ellen asked as the guard spoke to her. "How do I defend myself the next time Emily decides to attack me? I can't fight back, I can't run away, you're no help and you guys are never around when we need you anyway, what does that leave me other than stand there and let her beat me to death?" she continued. She wouldn't have been able to fight back anyway, and Emily was obviously going to be faster than she was, it didn't exactly leave her a lot of options. She was sure the psycopath would come for her sooner or later too, she'd been the one to tell security after all, and it wasn't as though anyone liked snitches.

"S..." she began as Tara-Anne spoke, looking down. "I'll try." she added, nodding a little. "I really thought she'd help, I didn't know the guards here were so stupid. I guess I should have really, that's why they're never around, right?" she continued, eyes down, voice quiet again. Maybe if Emily didn't kill her, Tara-Anne would, whatever she might say. She'd screwed up, again, though she'd meant what she'd said. if her roommate was going to get in trouble for this, she should too, and she'd be tagging along to any detentions or other punishments these idiots might hand out. Hopefully, none of them would involve isolation though, it had taken her months to get over her last stay in there.

"I hope it falls off." she said with a nod as Tara-Anne spoke again, glaring over at Emily again. What had they done to deserve an idiot like that, and which admissions idiot had been responsible for putting someone so obviously dangerous into a room with, well, anyone? Emily needed to be in on her own, where she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone else. Chances were the staff weren't going to bother doing anything about that though, they were far too inept to actually think about the welfare of someone like her. They'd taken her hand after all, and the only staff who'd cared about her were gone. This place just got worse and worse.
Ellen Underwood

Reward Points : 135

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christiana Keeble on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 am

Christiana gave up. Nothing she said to any of these girls--except maybe to Emily--was getting through, at all. Tara Anne was angry, at her or at Emily, and the more she talked, the more upset Ellen apparently got. She was a security guard, not a psychiatrist, and she didn't know how to deal with their ilk. Emily, now...Emily was something she could deal with.

To her surprise, as she shepherded the girls through the halls, she realized that she was beginning to like Emily. Apparently she had a soft spot for the really troubled girls--first Niamh and now Emily. She knew that mother-henning the girls was probably a dumb idea, but that was what she instinctively wanted to do. She guessed it had to do with her military training. Most of the time people didn't get locked up in military prison for low self-esteem or for pulling out their own hair--it was usually for something like seriously abusing a prisoner or jumping on another Marine. Violent offenders Christiana knew how to deal with. Emotionally fragile people, not so much.

She could hear Tara Anne and Ellen whispering to one another, glaring back at Emily, and it didn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to guess what they were talking about. Christiana rolled her eyes up to the ceiling in exasperation. "That's it," she muttered to herself, not thinking about the possibility that one of the girls might overhear her. "I have got to talk to the administration about letting me run a self-defense class. This is getting ridiculous."

Raising her voice to a normal level as she approached the door to the infirmary, she called, "In here, girls. Let's go."
Christiana Keeble

Reward Points : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum